10:30 AM

Komaeda had returned shortly before the bell rung. He had tried his best to return as quickly as possible, but that was easier said than done after being shoved in a closet with Junko Enoshima of all people.

Luckily, Izuru just greeted him warmly and returned easily to stroking his hair until they had to leave for classes.

While they walked together to class, Kamukura did bring up Komaeda's unusual timing with an "Are you okay?" Komaeda did his best to wave off Kamukuras' concerns. It probably didn't do much, if anything, however.

He loved Kamukura, and he could admit that confidently, but he also knew better than anyone else Kamukura just saw through people. How fitting for a godly being like the ultimate hope!

Still, he wanted his plan to have some surprise to it.

Maybe that's why he wasn't paying attention in class and writing as many tiny love letters as he could when the teacher wasn't looking. What was he at now... fifty-three? He really needed to thank Enoshima for supplying him with all these tiny pink envelopes later. There was no way he was going to find any gifts for Kamukura on such short notice after all!

He tapped his pen to his lip in thought.'I've written twenty poems about how brilliantly Izuru's hope shines since history class began and the rest about just how amazing his hope is. Should I maybe change it up a bit? Enoshima told me Kamukura loved poems, though, and I did agree to stick to her plans. Maybe I could... write haikus about his hope? Either way, I can't make it too long, I need hundreds of these at the very least an hour before lunch!'

And with that, Komaeda dove head first into his work, dedicating all his time and energy into this repetitive task. He didn't mind, though. Hell, this was the least he could do for an ultimate— especially such a superior ultimate like Izuru Kamukura! And so he tried his best to make even the most worthless of his feelings into something special, something truly worthy of Kamukuras time.

But he knew that was impossible— nothing could ever come close in comparison to Kamukura, after all!

Getting everything together with Enoshimas' instructions was surprisingly difficult. He spent his first class period writing all the love letters. He was late to his second class period because he was hastily shoving all the love letters into Kamukuras locker when the halls had become devoid of any signs of life. The rest of his last class, he tiredly spent trying to grit his teeth and bare through an unwanted torrent of self-deprecation. The inevitable panic attack over what he had just done would eventually catch up to him, but for now, he would stew in denial.

Before he even knew it, the bell had rung for lunch, 'does time really go that fast?' Komaeda wondered but never voiced his meaningless thoughts aloud.

Kamukura, the man he had spent his entire morning fretting over, was waiting outside his class, not even bothering to give an ounce of attention to anyone else. All just for him. When his dull eyes landed on Komaeda's figure, they seemed to brighten and spread throughout his entire face, instantly lighting up the whole room in seconds. He always expected it. That was just one of the many effects granted to the ultimate hope, but never once did it fail to steal his breath.

Komaeda did his absolute best not to wobble on his own two feet in the presence of a god but would never be able to help the way he stuttered "K-Kamura!" He cheered happily, desperately ignoring the blush coating his cheeks, as he skipped up to the man and threw his arms around his broad shoulders.

Kamukura patted Komaeda's arm in his own unique way of showing physical affection. "How was your class?" Kamukura asked quietly since the two were alone. Komaeda shrugged as they waited inside the classroom for the hallways to clear of people, neither liked loud noises, so it worked out quite well for both of them. "Oh, it was astounding! I always appreciate being given permission to breathe the same air as such glorious ultimates. Soda-san really shone today when he brought in some robotics to help Chisa-san. How about you?" Kamukura nodded along to every word spewed from Komaeda's mouth as his eyes watched the hallways slowly clear out.

"Class was boring, so were the people. I engineered a phone with a built-in AI for mathematics and recreated a Renaissance sculpture during art class, " Kamukura simply reported back. Komaeda sighed sadly. School really didn't challenge Kamukura enough. They tried, but it was obvious to anyone who took any time out of their day to understand Kamukura that he was so bored because of the lack of challenge.

Komaeda tried to at least cheer the poor guy up by tangling their hands together and softly humming, "Kamukura-sama, you think everything is boring." At this Kamukura unconsciously twitched, as though physically revolted by such an idea, it was the most abnormal bodily reaction Komaeda had ever seen— or maybe he was just noticing it for the first time?

It slightly surprised Komaeda, but what caught him even further off guard was how he actually watched the light coating of red spread and dust Kamukuras cheeks. He wondered how he'd never seen it before Enoshima had pointed it out and made it so painfully obvious. How long has he been blind to this? "I don't find everyone boring..." Kamukura almost pouted out, and there were no cues as to what he was feeling besides that adorable little blush.

Komaeda's features softened as he leaned down so his hair could brush against Kamukuras face, knowing he liked how it felt, "you're my favorite person to, Kamukura-sama"
Besides a small nod of his head, Kamukura gave no indication he'd even heard Komaeda. He didn't mind, though, just being allowed to breathe the same air as Kamukura was enough for him!

With that, Kamukura led Komaeda out of the classroom and towards his locker just like their routine demanded. As soon as Komaeda recognized the familiar hallway and where their final destination was destined to be, all of his earlier insecurities came back to hit him. It was like being hit full force with a baseball by the one and only Leon Kuwata.
He felt his shoulders tense, and a wave of indecipherable emotions flooded him all at once.'Can I do this? Am I allowed to do this? What if he rejects me? What if I just ruined the only good thing in my life? Oh god, what if my luck starts acting up again and—' he felt Kamukuras' hand.

It was grounding, and he couldn't help but jolt in surprise when he realized that Kamukura had actually grabbed his sweaty and shaking hand. This wasn't some delusional daydream of his encroaching onto reality itself. He wasn't sure why Kamukura did this. Why would a god like Izuru Kamukura willingly lower themselves to the lowest of lows?
Kamukura never turned to face him, but he did speak so softly and so quietly. If the two had been in a busy hallway, Komaeda never would've heard him say, "I know you won't tell me what's going on."

His heart gave a painful beat that seemed to shake him to his core and electrify every nerve in his body. Kamukura didn't need to say more because Komaeda understood exactly what he meant.

How could he not with the weight of his hand in his?