11:03 AM

"Disgusting."

Komaeda stared at the torn apart envelope that had been carelessly dropped at Kamukuras feet for him to sneer at.

He wasn't sure what to do now. He knew Kamukura wasn't going to accept his feelings, he'd been telling himself such a thing the entire way here. Trash like him never even deserved to have tried and he knew all of this— so why? Why did it hurt so much?

Maybe this was fated punishment? He'd been so lucky to meet Kamukura and the bad luck just finally caught up.

His shaking arm slowly rose up to gently prod at his throbbing chest. He flinched. Although the damage wasn't physical every single fibre of his being felt as though it was burning. As though bunches of buttercups could rip through his chest, slice his esophagus, and breach his mouth all to come spluttering out in waterfalls and pink stained bouquets. Yet that never happened, no, instead something else wet began dripping from his face.

Nagito Komaeda was crying.

Kamukura hadn't noticed yet, still staring intently yet blankly at all the envelopes on the ground. Komaeda had deeply messed up, hadn't he? How could he ever believe, even just for a day, that he could ever by worthy of a god? He should apologize while he still can and immediately rid the world of his foul existence. He opened his mouth to apologize, to reaffirm the truth they both knew, but for some reason no words would come out. Huh, that's weird he couldn't feel his body anymore.

CRACK!

Komaeda's mouth snapped shut with an audible click and an automated movement. He knew his eyes had widened but for some reason he no longer felt like he was in his body as he stiffly watched Kamukura's heel crackle forward. It was much faster than any bolt of lightning and it struck more violently than any grisly bear he'd ever seen— and it was all directed at the remaining envelopes, his envelopes.

CRUNCH!

Kamukuras heel glided harshly along the floor, shoving the envelopes into crumpled balls, in its murderous wake. Komaeda felt his body almost get shoved to the wall— or maybe he'd just accidentally stumbled back— but it was oh so similar to those poorly abused papers. He felt his breath came out in a shuddered wheeze and a slight despairing chuckle 'wow Kamukura is so gorgeous even when he's enraged.' He couldn't help but see himself in the paper, helpless to do anything except watch the carnage and admire the beauty staining the world red. Was Kamukura going to do that to him after he was finished destroying his work? Would an apology even be able to stop such an angry god? Maybe he should run— but he couldn't move. Kamukura could easily outrun him anyways.

RIP!

All the envelopes were successfully tarnished beyond recognition. Komaeda flinched as though his mind had been violently thrust back into his body. Sensations were returning and he could feel every tremble that wracked his body now. The first thing he did as soon as he regained mobility was hurriedly wipe away his still falling tears. He couldn't burden Kamukura anymore with his pitiful existence right?

STOMP!

Strangely, Kamukura continued to stomp on the envelopes— but they were destroyed by now. Kamukura knew they were destroyed and so did Komaeda so why was he continuing? Was it to prolong his suffering? But that wasn't like Kamukura, he did things quickly and efficiently, so no matter how he looked at this all of it felt weirdly out of character? Komaeda studied the poise god, everything about him was blank yet his actions were still storming, still... angry. That was it, wasn't it? Kamukura was angry.

The revelation jolted through Komaedas nervous system like a light up switch board.

And so, with great hesitation, he shakily grabbed Kamukuras shoulder. The entire body beneath his hand went limp at the touch and for a second everything went horrifically still. Was this the scene in every horror movie where the killer turned around and stabbed the victim? Yet Kamukura wasn't moving, just breathing somewhat haggardly. "Are... Are you okay?" Komaeda felt the words strain out of the ruins that were once his lungs. Kamukura was silent and Komaeda waited. He waited for a minute before it sunk in that Kamukura wasn't going to answer him.