7:38 AM

Komaeda wiggled uncomfortably against Kamukura. He really needed to— "You should go." Kamukura softly spoke up, despite his eyes never leaving the window he seemed to see right through Komaeda. Despite this, Komaeda spared a grateful smile as he gave a brief hug to Kamukura. "I'll be right back." With that, he got up and headed in the direction of the nearest bathroom.
He gingerly walked out of the library and as quickly as he could towards the bathrooms, not wanting to leave Kamukura alone for too long.

As he was making his final turn, a hand came out of nowhere and pulled him into a completely vacant hallway.

He would've yelped if a gloved hand hadn't come up to stop the sound all together "please be quiet," a feminine voice whispered beside his ear as he was dragged to a janitorial closet. He was abruptly let go and shoved inside the small space. Landing on his knees right in front of another woman sitting on some cardboard boxes. He recognized her instantly from the media, Junko Enoshima, ultimate fashionista. Oh, what an honor to get to grovel at the feet of another ultimate!

"Nagito Komaeda, ultimate lucky student, what a surprise meeting you here! I wasn't expecting this at all." Enoshima smiled a knowing smile as her twin sister, Mukuro (also the one who he realized had just kidnapped him), walked to stand beside her sister. He gave Enoshima a gentle smile in return, greatly contrasting her own as he pushed himself up, despite recognizing the painfully obvious lie he chose to ignore it "to what do I owe the pleasure, Enoshima-san?"

She giggled in an over the top cutesy fashion. "Oh please, you're really gonna ask me that after what you just did?" Confusion painted Komaeda's face as he tried to maintain his earlier smile, but it was understandably dampened."I.. don't believe I follow?"

At this remark, Enoshima let out a loud grueling groan as if he'd just asked the most ridiculous question she'd heard all day. "Oh please, you were like ALL over Kamukura-chan." Komaeda wouldn't have been able to stop the blush even if he wanted to. A particular dirty space in the corner had thoroughly entranced him as he tried to weakly mutter out "that's only because he asked me to..." Now that comment made Enoshima laugh and laugh hard she did.
She coiled around herself, cackling until tears brimmed her eyes, and her face flushed with the force. "h-he asked you to?!" She abruptly stopped laughing, and a bored expression immediately replaced the happy one she'd been wearing moments beforehand."I didn't know you were a liar, Komaeda-kun."

Komaeda flinched at the suddenly bored tone. It reminded him of Kamukuras, but... it wasn't the same. Call it a hunch, but he could tell distinctly there was a canyon of a difference between Kamukuras boredom and Enoshimas. He would ponder the difference later, for now, he had more pressing questions.

"Is there something wrong with me and Kamukura's friendship?" Komaeda's tone also dipped. The warmth had vanished and been replaced with a cold, calculating tone. The smile he had tried to maintain throughout this entire conversation had dropped to glare at Enoshima with absolutely no concern as to whether he was being rude or not. He wouldn't ever dare stand up to ultimates, of course! But Enoshima was an idiot if she believed she was more deserving or even better than Kamukura.

"Oooohhh~, someone's getting feisty, hm?" She leaned forward onto her hands, her eyelids lowering as a smirk took over her face."Please don't get your panties in a twist over me, buttercup." She cooed with a purse to her lips as she leaned further into Komaeda's face. A perfectly manicured hand came to twirl one of Komaeda's locks in the exact same way Kamukura had been doing so earlier. "I just want to help two hopelessly romantic idiots get together, is all!" Komaeda lurched backward in both shock, horror, and most importantly, disgust at Enoshima touching him.

"I, what?" Komaeda coughed, his face somehow both paling and flushing simultaneously. "No, no, no, Enoshima-san, you've got our relationship all wrong. Kamukura is just tolerating me so he can learn—"

"Kamukura latched onto you the moment he saw you, which mind you was also his first day here. His eyes dilate whenever he sees you, his face flushes due to an elevated heart rate when you're near, and I've never seen him smile even once near anyone— except you, of course. He tampers with his own very diligent schedule. If it means time with you, he's never allowed a single person to touch him. Yet just now you were all over him like some slimey octopus— and you do this every morning, correct?" Enoshima rattled off the list all the while she studied her bright red nails as though this was the most boring part of their conversation.

Komaeda bit his cheek as his eyes wandered back to that oh so familiar corner. His instinct was to deny all of this, but he couldn't. "That is... correct." He quickly looked up, ready to retaliate for Kamukura's honor,"but that doesn't mean anything! There's no way someone like him..." he was starting to realize how stupid his argument sounded after the facts Enoshima just laid out."With, uhm, me..." It couldn't, right?

"Oh sweet little buttercup! I'm only telling you this because I know it'll give you the incentive you need to make a move." Komaeda was so lost in his thoughts the implications of such a statement completely flew over his head "incentive?" He repeated her words out loud, feeling so horribly lost on all of this. "Hmm..." she tapped a finger erratically at the side of her face as she took on an expression of concentration,"of course! Kamukura holds a special place in my heart, a debt of sorts if you will. That's why I want to give him the best valentines gift there is: you!" Komaeda's brows furrowed because how could trash like him ever be considered a gift to someone like the ultimate hope?

Enoshima was quick to catch onto Komaeda's disbelief, and her face softened. "Oh no, don't do that." She kneeled down and hugged a very stiff Komaeda."I have a plan, and if you follow all my leads, Kamukura will be all yours!"

All... his?

He remembered the look of awe Kamukura had so generously given him when he'd gently prodded his hair, tentatively asking him if it was okay.

He remembered Kamukura's hand hesitantly and gently wrapping around his wrist when he asked if he wanted to come with him instead, a plea in his eyes for him not to go.

He remembered Kamukura's gentle smile that day he refilled the water for some dandelions he'd brought in. The way his cheeks warmed in the morning sun, and he couldn't help but think he wanted to see that smile every day.

Maybe it seemed dumb. He felt dumb, but he wanted to be greedy.

Just for one day.

So he looked Junko Enoshima in the eyes and hesitantly nodded. "Okay, what do I have to do?"