the rumors, are terrible and cruel ♡

in which - co-stars and lovers y/n & Jonah are interviewed about the dating rumors on Stephen Colbert. They aren't sure how to react..

based off the song New Romantics, by Taylor Swift (1989) Italicized words may be lyrics. 

"Ok so your new movie is really a hit. And I heard that you guys have worked together before..?" Stephen asks. The crowd in the darkened audience was really making me nervous. Being on late night shows was always stressful. You never know if you're going to say something wrong and screw up on live TV. Jonah sat next to me was making me more comfortable in this moment of worry. 

"Yeah! We had worked together a couple of years back but we hadn't really talked much, so it was really nice to reconnect after all these years." Jonah answered for the both of us. I gazed over at him as he reached for my hand in the small distance between our bodies. We had been hiding our relationship for a couple months now. We wanted the relationship to be private, and uninterrupted by the media. Him reaching for my hand was risky, but we didn't think anything of it because the camera couldn't see. I accepted his gesture and took his hand in mine. 

"Well you seemed to do a little more than reconnect" Stephen laughed. Of course he was referring to the romance plot of our new movie. I shifted in my seat a little, the comment made me a little uncomfortable. My first thought was Oh my god he knows about us. But it couldn't be. Jonah squeezed my hand to let me know everything was ok. I calmed down now that Jonah had helped me. And in a split second, he was refocused on the interview. He chuckled at Stephen and looked down to the ground in embarrassment.

"No but seriously, Jonah has become one of the best people I know. Making this film has been one of the most fun times of my life and that definitely includes Jonah." I said. Stephen smiled and Jonah did the same. 

"That's so cool. Speaking of you too being closer, I thought we would play a fun game where I pull up a picture of you two and you tell me what's going on in the picture." He said. Me and Jonah gave each other a confused look, but I hesitantly nodded in agreement. "Alright. So I have a couple pictures here and you just have to tell me what's going on. So here's the first one if you could just tell me what's going on." We both nodded as he held up the first photo:

"Oh so this was us in rehearsal for the movie, and we were practicing the scene where she teaches him how to use a conch shell." Jonah answered. 

"Alright great." He said as he put down the photo and picked up a new one.