how on earth? ♡

in which: you question jonah on how his face stays so clean with his minimal products vs.  your abundance of different products

the splash of water woke you up slightly. you scrubbed your face with your face wash, making sure to cover everything. you felt much more alive now that you had washed your face, you always did. it was one of those little things that really didn't matter, but you loved it anyway. you reached for the towel, only to find it gone. You looked around with the water dripping down your face, making it hard to see. 

you finally located the towel in jonah's hands. you reached out for it through blurry, watery eyes. he decided to end your struggle and place it in your hands. 

"where's your towel?" you questioned, highly annoyed. he glanced at himself in the mirror and wiped the steam off the mirror. The two of you had to wake up early to meet some friends for breakfast. before the breakfast, you decided to take a shower, and you liked the water hot. dealing with the steam of the shower was a daily struggle. 

"i don't know." he said.  you glanced over at him with a frustrated expression. he chuckled lightly and reached for something on the bathroom counter. 

you continued to layer on your products, jonah talking your ear off while doing so. the two of you were going to one of his favorite restaurants. he got to pick where the friend group went today, and he was very excited. 

"have you tried the pancakes there? they are phenomenal, oh and-"

"i'll know it when i taste it. i believe you, now please let me listen to my music. what are you even doing right now?" you looked over at him. he had hoisted himself up on to the counter, sitting there with his phone in his hands. the front of his curls were still wet from the splashes of him washing his face. 

"i'm done. i've been done. i just wanted to spend time with you." his expression grew into big puppy eyes as he hopped down from the counter and gave you a kiss on the cheek. he began to walk out of the bathroom but you grabbed his arm. 

"wait.wait. you've been done?"  you pivoted on your heel and made eye contact with him. he nodded hesitantly. you looked back at your line of products waiting to be put on. you had at least another ten minutes before you were finished. you placed your arms on his shoulders and pushed yourself up onto your tip toes. 

"is something wrong?"  he looked down at you while his eyes darted around the room. how could he only wash his face, put on cetaphil moisturizer which you bought for him, and be done?  you examined his face, and it was perfect. not one dark spot, not one bump or pimple, even skin tone, everything was perfect. 

"how on earth is your face so perfect, yet the only thing you do is splash your face with water?" you continued to look at his face, looking for any flaw. 

"maybe its just that i'm so good looking that i don't need any of your expensive products?" he suggested with a smirk. you hit him lightly on his shoulder, wiping the look clean off his face. 

"ow. you know what? you're right." you let go of his arm and he began to walk out. you looked back at the mirror. you placed both hands down on the counter and sighed. you picked up your moisturizer and began to apply it. you analyzed his side of the bathroom. there were approximately three items on his countertop. face wash, moisturizer, and his toothbrush. you were so puzzled at the anomaly. 

"-it's definitely because of my charm then." you heard from the other room. you rolled your eyes at the never ending smug comments. 

"whatever you say!" you shouted. you pulled open one of his drawers and found it empty. you opened another. empty. you opened the middle drawer, and to your surprise, you found two things. toothpaste, and deodorant. you sighed. another drawer. nothing. the only drawer that had anything in it was his "hair drawer." of course. he has like 50 products for his hair and nothing else. 

"are you seriously going through my drawers right now?" he laughed the loudest laugh you've heard all day. he picked you up from behind and spun you around, placing you behind him. 

"i just can't believe that you only use two products." you placed your hand on his shoulder, looking at the mess you made. all the drawers were open. 

"believe it girl." he said. you glanced over at him, your eyes first, then your head. the comment made your jaw drop. the only thing that came out of your mouth was a half-laugh. 

"believe it girl?"  the two of your were both chuckling. "who are you?" you asked. you began to close the drawers as your chuckles erupted into full on laughter. you grasped at him for air, laughing harder than you had in a while. you leaned into him as he wrapped his arm around your upper chest. you took a deep breath, taking in all the oxygen you lost in that outburst. 

"i'm only the most handsome ma-" 

"alright that's enough." you walked out of the room before he could finish his comment.  

"you know you love me." you heard him say as he followed you out. you opened your dresser to pick out your outfit for the day. you heard him flop down onto the bed. 

"mhm sure."