interviews & insecurities ♡

in which: an interviewer asks you some questions that make you uncomfortable, and jonah notices 

tw: mentions of body shaming & insecurities

you sat next to jonah in the two interview chairs. after the press tour for the new movie you both starred in, you two had been invited back to do extra interviews. your onscreen chemistry had definitely shaped into something more offscreen. 

the two of you had no interest in hiding your relationship. you decided you weren't going to let the media affect you.  you had not officially announced the relationship, but you didn't need to. Instead, the two of you held hands in public, kissed in public, like any normal couple. and boom, the secret was out. 

this interview was heavily focused on your new movie. 

"--the process was really fun for the both of us, I think." Jonah looked over at you, even though your focus wasn't entirely on the interview. you snapped back into reality and nodded at him before looking back at the camera. "we had a lot of fun on set. i remember one time, i had fallen asleep on set, and y/n and the rest of our friends decided to wake me up with an airhorn?"  you audibly laughed at the memory of the prank. 

"yes. that was lots of fun." you confirmed through giggles. 

"alright great. y/n? you obviously went through a transformation for the movie, would I be correct about that?" the interviewer asked. you sat there, confused on what he meant. you displayed a confused expression. 

"what do you mean?" 

"well, you were very skinny in the movie!" you glanced down at your body. you weren't as skinny as you were when you filmed your latest movie, and you were well aware of that.  there were multiple nights where you looked at images from the paparazzi and saw a figure you didn't want to. 

you shifted uncomfortably in your seat, not wanting to respond to the insensitive interviewer.  jonah looked over at you, immediately noticing your worry, and looked back at the interviewer, a disappointed look on his face.  a glare emitting from his eyes. 

"yeah..." you answered quietly. jonah reached for your hand inbetween the two seats. 

"so, can you talk us through that?" the interviewer kept pressing for answers. your stomach dropped. you weren't quite sure how to respond. luckily, Jonah leaned over and whispered in your ear. 

"hey, he's being a dick. you don't need to answer any question you don't want to. ignore him"  you nodded and faced forward once more. 

"is everything alright?" the interviewer questioned. you decided to take jonah's advice.

"yes everything's fine, but i won't be answering that question." you set your boundary with confidence. 

"oh! um, alright." the interviewer looked down at his note cards, a bit scrambled. you began to cover your stomach with your arms, crossing them. Jonah placed a hand on your arm. 

"don't do that. you don't need to. and keep your head up. we will talk when we get home, ok?" he lightly tugged your arm to get you to place them back on the armrests.  You put a smile on your face and tried to get through the rest of the interview. 

...

"do you want to talk about it?" jonah placed his stuff down on the entryway table and began to walk over to the couch, where you were already sitting. 

"yeah." you responded, emotionless. you stared at the wall. 

"what's on your mind?" he asked. he pulled you into his lap and began to stroke the bridge of your nose. 

"that interviewer was just a horrible person." you sighed. "i mean, who even asks that? aren't you taught to never assume anything like that about anyone?" the tears began to form in your eyes. 

"yeah, it was a dick move. but you can't let this get to your head, ok? promise me." he slightly adjusted himself in order to get a better look at you. 

"it already has gone to my head." you complained as you wiped your nose with the sleeve of your sweater. he positioned you upright to be face to face with you. 

"hey. you are perfect.  i don't give a fuck what anyone else says, and you shouldn't either. you are the most beautiful women i have ever met, and you need to know that. and everyone loves you. i promise you, you would not be on the cover of Vogue if everyone hated you." you chuckled slightly, and so did he. "you're gorgeous. and i love you, so does everyone else." He pulled you in for a hug before kissing you on the forehead. 

you snuggled into his side as he embraced you, the warmth of his body making everything alright.  

"hey jonah?" you called up to him. you looked up at the boy who had the ability to make every situation better, wether it was with his love, his support, or with his down to earth opinion. 

"yes love?" his eyes stayed focused on the movie on the screen. he adjusted his body to wrap his arm around you. 

"i love you. thank you for making everything better." his gaze finally met yours, a small grin on his face. the connection between you two strengthened with each moment like this. 

"i love you more."