golden hour ♡

in which- y/n and Jonah go on an adventure one night

jonah's perspective!

"i'm actually so bored, jonah." she repeated. I laid on the couch, her head in my lap. I placed my phone down on the side table next to me. 

"then what would you like to do?" I looked down at her, her phone covering her face. I pushed it away from her face so I could see her. 

she looked so beautiful. an angel, if you will. her hair framed her face perfectly. her features looked perfect in this light, but there was no doubt they always did. She seemed to ponder my question for a while, but while she did, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. the way her eyes glimmered in the light of the lamp near us. the way her clothes perfectly silhouetted her beautiful body. 

"lets go for a drive." she suggested. 

"where?" 

"i don't know, anywhere! i need to get out of this house and it's really pretty out. please?" she looked up at me until her eyes were almost at the back of her head. 

"you don't have to ask me twice." i said. a ran a hand through her hair and traced her face. she sat up and i lifted myself up from the couch to grab my keys. 

"can we take the convertible?" she asked as she fixed herself up in the mirror. 

"sure." I said. I switched the keys I had picked up for the convertible ones. i grabbed my sunglasses from the kitchen counter and signaled her to meet me in the garage. she nodded and i went to the garage to unlock the car. 

I sat in the car for what felt like an hour until she finally joined me. she was now wearing a top that was better suited for the hot weather outside. she had replaced her sweats for jean shorts. I looked down at my tight fitting white shirt and grey sweats, i felt underdressed compared to her. 

"you look beautiful" I mentioned. she placed herself into the passengers side and adjusted the seat slightly. 

"and you look handsome." she replied. she looked over at me and ran a hand through my hair. the hair on the back of my neck stood up at her touch. I reversed out of the driveway and began to drive.  

"do you want to just drive the coast?" I suggested. she nodded and I turned to get on PCH (pacific coast highway.) we had been staying at her los angeles house for a few months now while i was filming a movie. as we turned to face the ocean, the sunlight blinded me. "can you pass me my sunglasses?" before I could finish my question, she had given them to me. 

"it's golden hour." she said as she looked around. I looked over at her, one hand on the wheel. the golden hour sun illuminated the beautiful girl next to me. her skin was like glitter, almost, the way the light made her glow. her hair was blowing in the wind. i couldn't be luckier.  "hey, Jonah, do you want to pull over on the next lookout? we could just relax in the car?" she recommended. 

"that sounds great." I said as I looked around for any indicator sign of the next ocean lookout point. 

a couple of miles later, signs informing me of a lookout point appeared. I pulled into the parking spot on the lookout and put the car in park. 

"do you want to go look at the ocean?" she nodded and opened her door before I could even take my seatbelt off. She hurried to the edge of the lookout. I met her from behind and wrapped my arms around her waist, placing my head on her shoulder. She giggled and moved herself so that we were facing each other. I adjusted my arms accordingly, still holding on to her.  

"this light makes you look very good." I said, as I looked over her. 

"really, how so?" she responded sarcastically. 

"well, to start, it makes your eyes look like none I've ever seen before. the yellow aura around you from the sun makes you look like an angel. need I say more?" 

"please do." 

"the way the sun hits you outlines your body as if you were a tracing. a doll." I inched closer to her. "the way your hair blows in the wind, it's as if you're a supermodel." I continued as we continued to get closer. I grabbed her head with my hand and kissed her. her soft lips tasted like vanilla, making me want more. She placed her arms around my neck and interlocked her fingers. When she pulled away, she took my arm and placed it on her lower back. 

"you have such a way with words, i can't explain it. it makes you so.."

"charming? attractive? beguiling? alluring?" i began to list out my options. 

"annoying." she said as she pulled me in for another kiss. this time she ran her hand through my curls and landed it on my shoulder. 

"do you want to..go back to the car?" I looked at her with a charming expression and a whispered tone, hoping she would get what I was implying.

"really? in the convertible? with no roof or windows?" she looked at me suspiciously. 

"there's no one here." I whined. "but only if you want to." the sun was setting fast behind her, making her silhouette even more beautiful. 

"yes." she nodded. I interlaced her fingers with mine and walked her back to the car. I tried to get to the car door but she pushed me onto the front of the car and kissed me one final time. the kisses became more passionate by the second. the sound of the waves crashing below us drowned out any other noise of cars passing by. It was just us. 

...

I adjusted my car seat back up to its upright position and looked over at her one more time. She laughed at me with a grin on her face. 

"so, did this outing cure your boredom?" I confirmed, jokingly. I began to reverse out of the parking spot and onto the road once more. 

"for sure." she laughed. "we should drive this road more often, its very pretty. especially during golden hour." 

"agreed."