🪻You like him, don't you?🪻

Edited

Hey lovely people! I am so sorry that you had to wait this long for chapter 7, my apologies. Have you ever wanted to strangle homework? Yeah, that was this chapter for me.

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy and if you do, don't forget to vote and comment!

I attached All I Want by Kodaline because I felt like it captured the vibe of this chapter very well.

🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼

[*Keith's POV*]

"Can I—"

"No," I said as I roughly shoved the keys into our black front door.

I could pretty much feel Derek roll his eyes at me, even though I had my back turned at him. "You could at least ask how it went with Ash," he said pouting at me, this guy was such a child.

"You do not know Ashley well enough to call her that. Please never do it again." I opened the door and turned to Derek who stood on the shimmering marble front porch with his arms crossed. He waited for me to say something, which I didn't.

"Just ask how it went!" he whined, throwing his arms in the air.

I rolled my eyes before giving in with a dramatic sigh. "Fine, desperate moron." I shifted my position so that I was leaning against the door frame. "My dearest Derek, how did you experience your ridiculously obnoxious attempt at seducing the so-called Ashley?" I asked in the most exasperated musical voice with a slightly British accent.

Derek looked at me -probably wondering why we were friends- as if preparing a very serious answer. His eyes went to the ground before quickly shooting back up to me. "Terribly," he sighed, and it was all he said.

"Great, now let me slam the door in your face, I've been wanting to do so since I first saw it."

"You are the worst friend ever— Wait, you didn't see my face for the first time today..." He trailed for a bit before it clicked. He flipped me off before he turned around and left.

Finally.

--------

I entered the living room to be greeted by Phoenix who ran up to me with her usual excited charcoal eyes. I happily ruffled her head when I heard the familiar sound of heels clacking on the marble floor that was so shiny it had already caused two maids to end up with a concussion and no job.

"Hey honey, looks like someone's happy to see you," she said with a laugh as she hesitantly stroked Phoenix's head.

"Mhm."

She began scribbling on some papers that were lying on the table. "Did you have fun today?"  

I got up and pointed at Phoenix to go upstairs as I followed. I didn't respond to my mother's question and I knew she didn't care. Disappearing into my room, I could hear her starting a phone call and probably forgetting she was just talking to me.

I flopped onto my bed right before Phoenix did, causing her to jump on top of me with a playful glint in her eyes. I groaned as her heavy complex squashed me deeper into the mattress than what was considered comfortable. She let out a high-pitched sound as she started jumping around and I laughed.