🎆A Sky Full Of Fireworks🎆

Two important notes before you start reading;

1. I do not know how to play Monopoly

2. I might write a sequel somewhere in the future

Oki enjoy the chapter! :^

🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼

"That is not what I said." Derek tossed a cheese puff up, clumsily catching it with his mouth before continuing -while excessively chewing- "I'm just sayin', hypothetically speaking, Elsa is pretty fuckable."

Lord save me.

"Too bad she's a lesbian then," Ashley shrugged, propping her elbows up as a makeshift backrest. 

"That's not even canon!"

I glanced between the two, contemplating whether or not I wanted to risk my sanity getting involved in this undeniably controversial discussion. I reached out to the bowl of cheese puffs, yearning for some artificial cheese powder when my brain made a brilliant realization. I pulled my hand back mid-air, gaining confused looks from Derek and Ashley. "Lactose intolerant," I explained, taking a sip of my water instead. Why did I ask for water again?

Derek shook his head in disapproval, crunching down another cheese puff. "Wait wait wait, so you're saying you've never had chocolate milk before?!"

"I—"

"Woah...I'm gonna need some time to process this heart-crushing information.." Derek sniffled, placing a hand on his chest before realizing he needed that hand to drink his goddamn chocolate milk and retrieving it again.

Ashley snorted, throwing a cheese puff at Derek's face with a shake of her head, chuckling when it got stuck in his hair. "Please, have you never heard of lacto-free shit? Oat milk fucking slaps."

Derek fake gagged at that, rolling his eyes in annoyance. "I can't believe y'all."

"I have had chocolate milk plenty of times before, thank you very much," I huffed, feeling the temptation to just snatch a handful of cheese puffs growing stronger every second I looked at the bowl. It probably wouldn't even be that big of a deal, considering cheese puffs barely contained actual cheese. But still, I didn't want to risk it. Besides, who likes cheese puffs anyway? Gross.

"'S not the same. Fucking oats. Tch."

"Anyway," Ashley began, pulling at a loose thread on her lavender sweater, "where's Keith?"

Right. Sometimes my brain forgot to keep up with the shit happening around me and everyone else, therefore making moments like these slightly more awkward than they had to be. This was Derek's bedroom. We were friends. I was still processing that stuff. "Oh uh, he's coming later. Family things." Considering he spent Christmas at my place.

Derek hummed at that, tossing yet another cheese puff up, but failing to catch it. "Didn't his dad go to jail or something? I dunno dude, he's such a horrible texter it took me several hours to dissect his way of explaining when he would be here."