🌜Sleepover - Part 2🌛

Attached "Someone to Stay " by Vancouver Sleep Clinic, because I felt it fit the vibe of the chapter very well, especially around the middle-end.

Hey everyone! Just a fair trigger warning ⚠️;
This chapter is an emotional roller-coaster and contains topics such as panic attacks and signs of mental abuse. Please take precautions if you're sensitive to those. That being said, this chapter also has a very exciting ending, so strap in and enjoy! <3

🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼-🌼

Loud gasps and a firm tug at the covers were what brutally pulled me out of my sleep. My eyes forbade me from opening them, the slight strokes of moonlight cascading through the window momentarily blinding me. With all the force I had within me at such a time, I cracked my eyes open to reveal Keith, sitting up straight, chest rapidly moving up and down. His t-shirt clung to him, his face coated in sweat. An immense throbbing of pure terror flashed through his eyes, the sight of it causing my heartbeat to pick up.

I reached my hand out. "Keith..?"

Flinching at the touch, he swatted my hand away, shaking his head. His entire body was trembling, pupils anxiously darting around the room. "They— they're gonna—" he choked out a painful sob, "Oh God— God, please no.."

Voice pulled tight like a rope yet fragile as glass, he choked out several sobs, grasping at his chest. I felt my heart pounding against my chest, anxiety gnawing at my system.

"What's going on? Who..who are 'they'?" I peeped out, my voice croaky from both tiredness and fear.

He just shook his head, his hair sticking to his face. He lifted his hand, examining the way it shook at such a pace that seemed nearly dangerous. A hysterical, yet still emotionless chuckle was heard. "T-that's not...normal... Is it?"

Worry and concern rose to my head, my heart aching for him. I had no idea what was going on, what caused this state of utter panic. Had he had a nightmare?

"Ph—" he gasped again, "Phoenix...plea— I need..I have to see her— I—" words rambled out of his mouth at a pace that was too fast to keep up with, causing him to choke out several more sobs.

I locked my eyes with his, hoping my gaze could snap him out of the trance that seemed to hold him tight. "Phoenix? We can go see her, she's downstairs, remember?"

A faint shimmer of relief flashed through his eyes, barely visible through the panic that radiated off of him. He merely nodded, but a wash of hesitation stopped him mid-way, turning into an anxious shake. "N-no..no— They're gonna— they will take—" he inhaled sharply, struggling to get enough oxygen in.

"No one is going to take her, okay? She's safe. You're safe too." I gently took his hand, trying to get to him.

He looked at me as if I was speaking a foreign language. As if I were a stranger. Hesitantly, without breaking eye contact, he pulled his hand back, trembling as he did so. I felt a slight crack in my heart but decided to ignore it for the time being.

"I need to— I have to see- Leave... I have to lea—" another loud sob, "I have to go."

He attempted to crawl out of bed, roughly shoving me aside. Almost immediately, his knees dropped him onto the floor. I watched in horror as he grasped at the wall, gasping and sobbing with shaking hands.