Part 11, Yakko

C.W for mild mentions of gore/blood

It was the night of the party, Wakko had gotten the other painting to the ballroom and replaced the phony one Salazar had made for the Princess. Yakko was nervous, to say the least, he was about to call the Current king out and call him a liar in front of an entire kingdom..he was also going to say HE was the rightful king, which didn't sit right with them, he hoped people would believe him, Wakko's first reaction was bad enough, but Yakko couldn't make any expectations on what the Kingdom would say, but he knew Salazar would be furious. "You Ready?" Wakko said bringing Yakko back to the real world. "I dunno.." Yakko said, "That wasn't a Question, we have to go," Wakko said, a small smile on their face, "right..." Yakko said feeling his hands start to shake again. "C'mon, you need to get set up," Wakko said trying to reassure him, Yakko nodded,

Late into the night after Yakko played some of his songs, he started wandering around the room, memories coming back to him, he remembered seeing his mother and father dancing alone in there before their sister was born, Yakko got his first good look at the Princess, their heart stopped for a second, Yakko saw their Mother, they made quick eye contact and Yakko quickly looked away scared he may start crying. "It's almost time," Wakko whispered. They had been tailing Yakko the whole night to keep up the appearance of them being Yakko's Guard. Yakko nodded slightly, and they both looked at the covered painting. They hoped it would work, the King approached the platform and everyone in the room fell silent, "My subjects, I present to you, my Daughter, my heir, and the reason we are gathered here." The King said, his voice grating on Yakko's mind, he remembered the night everything went wrong when Yakko was separated from his siblings. "Since she is now of age to be named my heir, she will have her own portrait in our gallery," Salazar said, gesturing to the curtained-off painting "now presenting." the Guard on the left of the Portrait " Her Highness, Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo-Besca Salazar the Third'' the Guard on the Right said, The Princess emerges from the Room off to the side and took her place to the left of her "father". Yakko had a flashback to when he first met Angelina, it was ten years ago..he had missed so much time, that the Guards reached for the sides of the Curtain, and Pulled. The Crowd gasped, there WAS a painting there, just not the one they were expecting, their plan had worked. They had managed to get the portrait they found of their family onto the space for The Princess'. Yakko looked into the eyes of his mother and took a deep breath summoning all the courage he could. "WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS" Salazar shouted, Yakko stepped forward, "YOU" Salazar shouted. Yakko couldn't be scared, he had to share the truth. He had to tell people. "Me," Yakko said, "you dare defy the king?" Salazar said with clear distaste "You're no King, Salazar" Yakko said, using all the courage he had. "You're a fraud Salad-bar," Yakko said trying his best not to sound as terrified as they were. "I won't keep this to myself." Yakko said. "you killed the former Queen and King. MY PARENTS" he shouted. "you dare accuse me of such a thing" Salazar said. Yakko looked at the Princess, she was visibly terrified. "HIS GUARDSMAN TOLD ME MY ENTIRE LIFE WAS FAKE AND THAT YOU KILLED MY MOTHER, AND THAT YOUR NOT ACTUALLY MY FATHER, BUT A FRAUD WHO JUST WANTED THE THRONE," she said as she started to cry around her the lights started flickering, small bits of pink surrounded her. "My Darling Angelina. why would I lie to you, especially about your mother, she was the only woman I truly loved," Salazar said turning to Angelina, Wakko took the place next to Yakko, "if your going to do something stupid, I'm going to be there to help you out of it" Wakko Whispered. "thank you Wak.." Yakko responded. "now you two," Salazar said, an un-seen force pulled Yakko and Wakko to the Platform. "get away from them," Yakko said stepping in front of Wakko "I'm the one you really have anything against, I'm the rightful heir. and deep down. you know that," Yakko said. "Yakko-" Wakko started, "not now, Wakko, please, I know what I'm doing" Yakko interrupted. Yakko thought back to what Wakko had taught them, when going by he'd grabbed a sword off one of the Guards. he went for it, but Salazar was quicker. he blocked all Yakko's shots. either with his sword or magic. "ARE YOU STUPID?!" Wakko said "There is no way you can take him on. You could barely beat me" they said. "yea but I'm stubborn, I think I can do anything" Yakko said blocking one of Salazar's shots. Yakko ducked and knocked Salazar off his feet, Yakko turned to Angelina, "sis... I-" Yakko started. but he was cut off by his own scream. his chest had burst in pain. Yakko looked down to see Salazar's sword plunged in his chest. Yakko fell.