Epilogue Part Two

It was a confusing time after that kiss. We spent the summer together. She had the entire sunny season off, not having to report for preseason until later. She stayed with me in Trondheim, and everything was reaffirmed. My parents fell back in love with her, and I felt my soul become one again. She completed me.

I completed her.

"Why did you run?" Ona asked as we sat together in the cafe after rekindling whatever we were doing.

"I thought that I was too late," I replied.

"I had waiting three years, and would've waited longer," she answered.

"Yeah but-"

"We were friends," Ona confirmed, and I smiled at her, holding her hand across the table.

And then the summer was over. Just like that. I felt as if it had been the best two months of my life. Me and Ona. Ona and me. Nothing else just her and I.

"I don't want you to feel as if you have to come," Ona said to me, as we lay in bed together the night before she had to go back to Barcelona and report for the season. "You're happy here and I-"

"Just shush," I said, pressing my finger onto her lips to stop her from talking. "I want to come."

"I don't want you to feel like you have to."

"I know I don't have to but being away from you scares me more than staying here."

"If we do it together?" she asked.

"Together." Our fingers interlocked, and I fell into the crevasse between her arm and ribcage, setting myself.

I took myself to Barcelona with her, packing up everything I needed in one suitcase. I would keep my base here but would go there too. I would live between the two. Whenever I needed Trondheim, I would come back.

I was so set on Trondheim being my home, but I soon had to come to the realization that home would be where the heart is, and my heart was with Ona, and therefore so would my home

I spent the season in Barcelona with her, going to all the games, and falling in love with Ona over and over and over again. The team was something special, and being along for the ride was all I wanted. I had all the joys without any of the stresses.

Being with Ona, and following the Barcelona team, made me realize that I didn't miss the pressures, all I missed were the people I surrounded myself with.

Which led me to find my people.

I traveled with the team to Madrid, to watch the El Classico.

I saw the ribbons on the pitch: Hayley.

We reconnected after that game, and I was glad of it. I loved Hayley and since leaving City, I hadn't found someone like her. She was kind but also told the truth. She was ruthless on the itch but supportive of it. She was two sides of a coin, and would always give you the side you needed.

"I've missed you," I said to my Australian friend.

"I thought you would never come back," she replied.

"I'm sorry."

"That voice mail, Ev, you scared me."

"I just didn't know what else to do." Hayley gave me a longing look, and without thinking, I hugged her. She was startled at first, but took it willingly, wrapping her arms around me. We had never hugged before, and there was something so monumental about this moment between her and I, that it changed everything.

Healing took time, but it happened.

During Champions League games, I refounded my friendships with all the City girls too, having to travel to Manchester with Ona for one of them. I walked by my old apartment, went to the training center, and even found myself at the reservoir Ona and I had our first date.

"EVA?!" they all collectively screamed as I walked through the door.

"Hi guys," I replied. They all ran up to me, but stopped before they remembered. I chuckled softly, bringing them all in for a group hug instead. "I've missed you all too."

I felt my life coming full circle.

And the final step was Norway against Spain friendly.

I was invited into the Norway locker room, and each of the girls welcomed me with open arms. I felt the love radiate from each of them. I saw my number being used by one of the new and upcoming players, and I smiled knowing someone was loving it just as I had.

"Who takes the penalties now?" I laughed, as Maren had retired and Guro started refusing after missing one in a shootout.

"We each pick a number out of a hat," Frida laughed.

"Oh sure sure," I replied.

The girls were all so elated to see me, and I did miss them, each and every one of them. I regretted not coming sooner, but I knew I needed to find my own way, and I did before I could find my path back to them.

But I found it. I was here.

The best year of my life was watching Ona live her dream, and I couldn't help but always want to be beside her for it. I made my way back to Trondheim a few times through the year, but I always found myself longing for the girl I loved more than anything.

A few unknown years later

It was 20 years since Nora died.

20 years since she left this world.

And in those twenty years, I had achieved more than I thought possible.

I was 32.

I was living in Barcelona.

My fiancee captained the team she loved more than anything.

I worked with children in a hospital where I volunteered each day.

I traveled around Europe and the world.

I watched Ona win a World Cup.

I watched her live her dream.

I lived my own dream but found a new purpose.

I could now eat strawberries without having to cut them twice.

I could now drive in a car without having to click the buckle twice.

I could now tie my laces without having to count them.

I could now hug those I loved.

"You changed me, Ona Batlle," I said, laughing, as we walked down the Barcelona streets.

"No, I didn't," she replied.

"Si, you did." She kissed my cheek and wrapped her arm around my waist holding my body close to hers.

Ona retired a few years later and started coaching youth teams for Barcelona. We started a family together, and all felt too perfect.

Isabell Nora Batlle was born, and not long after, Alba Ingi Batlle came too. My life felt more complete than I ever thought possible. Although I still had the days when my brain took over, my heart would always win.

The heart would always win.

It never failed me.

I tried and tried, and tried.

In the end, victims get saved not just by the heroes, but by themselves too. Mine was a combination of both.

Victim and Hero.

Lover and saviour. 

Eva and Ona.  

Note:

- you guys think I would leave u without a cute lil extra chapter? never hehhe

- anyways, Im thinking of writing an authors note for this explaining everything including how i see eva in myself and why i chose to write it like this... let me know if u would be interested x 

-if not, get ready for Right Where You Left Me to continue... and then end x