157 - 158

Without hesitation, Lisa handed over the keys to the database, customer information, and several confidential files to Jeannie. 

Once the handover was complete, Lisa made her way to the HR department to submit her resignation. As she exited the president’s office, she unexpectedly encountered Amanda, who was burdened with a stack of files. 

“Well, well, if it isn’t Mr. Clowers‘ latest favorite. How did you end up at the Ratliff Group?” Amanda sneered, clearly relishing the opportunity to taunt Lisa. 

Amanda continued with a smirk, “Oh right, Mr. Clowers returned to B City without taking you along. So you were left abandoned with nowhere else to go but to come crawling back to the Ratliff Group?” 

Jeannie couldn’t stand Amanda’s irritating remarks and interjected, “Lisa is here to resign.” 

Amanda’s expression soured instantly. Not only had Lisa failed to secure Mr. Clowers, but she had also dared to return and resign. 

Amanda’s mind raced with thoughts of Lisa finding a new supporter. She couldn’t wait to unleash her anger on Lisa’s pretty face, convinced that the cunning girl relied on her looks to manipulate men. 

And yet, her seduction was always spot on while selling her own body all these years had never been successful, making Amanda insanely jealous. 

Lisa didn’t bother with her, she held the handover form and walked past Amanda to the HR department. 

Her indifference enraged Amanda, “You little tramp, you’ll be played to death by men sooner or later!“. 

Lisa suddenly stopped, coldly looked back at Amanda and said, “Well, that’s better than having no man at all!” 

That hit Amanda’s sore spot, and she trembled with rage, “You slut!” 

Lisa snorted. 

At least I’m not as sleazy as you, almost forty and still trying to climb up by selling your body. Shameless!” 

She dropped that line and walked straight into the elevator, pressing the close button with a sharp smack. 

The HR department was downstairs. After handing over the form and filling out some paperwork, Lisa completed her resignation in no time. 

As she walked out of VitaLife Global, Lisa sighed in relief. Everything that needed to be taken care of was almost done, and all that was left now was Hailey. 

Her plan was to buy some groceries and visit Hailey in her new home, but as she was about to enter the subway, she received a call from Liana. 

“Ms. Shultz, I have some new medications here, the latest research from overseas and they work quite well. Why don’t you come and pick them up?” 

Liana wanted to deliver the medicine to Lisa, but she was too busy at the hospital. 

“Dr. Terrill, thank you, but I won’t take any more. Please leave the medicine for the patients who need them.” 

Lisa politely declined, not because she didn’t want it, but because it was too expensive and she wanted to save the money for Hailey. 

Liana seemed to detect her hesitation, spoke softly, “I can spare the medication cost. You need it more. Just come here and take it, I’ll wait for you at the hospital.”