368 - 369

After Janet successfully convinced Lisa, they hopped in the car and went to change their clothes. 

Lisa was in a black maxi dress that hugged her figure perfectly. 

Her full chest under her short hair, her slender waist, and her long thighs were all clearly visible. 

She thought the dress was too flashy and wanted to change, but Janet rushed her saying they were running out of time

So she had to borrow Pearce’s suit jacket and wrap it around her, at least covering her bare back. 

They arrived at the hotel in no time. After Pearce got out of the car, he gentlemanly helped her out. 

As they stepped onto the red carpet, Pearce whispered to Lisa, “Hold my hand, so nobody will bother you later.” 

Lisa promptly extended her fair hand and linked arms with him, and they walked into the hotel side by side. 

The dinner party was packed, but not with the management or core technical staff from the space agency, just administrative center folks. 

As soon as they saw the two designers walk in, they rushed over to greet them in a friendly and gentlemanly manner, 

Pearce forced a smile, accepted a glass of red wine from a waiter, and led Lisa toward the food area. 

In front of rows of food, Lisa picked up a snack and was about to bite into it when a commotion arose from outside. 

“Mr. Laurence, you’re here…” 

Upon hearing this name, Lisa instinctively turned around to look at the man walking into the banquet hall. 

Dressed in formal wear, a striking black tie under his white shirt collar, he looked even more noble and elegant than usual. Seeing his cold eyes scanning the banquet hall, Lisa quickly turned her head and told Pearce, “I’m going to the restroom.” She put down the snack in her hand, picked up her dress, and headed to the restroom. 

Before she could enter, someone grabbed her arm and pulled her into arms in the next second. 

Lisa leaned against his solid chest and looked up at the handsome man in front of her. 

He had lost some weight on his face over the past few months, but his jawline was even more defined. 

As she locked eyes with his indifferent gaze, Lisa instinctively wanted to look away, but he was looking her up and down. 

Jungkook stared at her pretty face, lifted her chin after a few seconds, and aimed at her lips, intending to kiss her. 

Lisa immediately pushed him away and asked, “Mr. Laurence, what do you think you’re doing?” 

Her words made Jungkook freeze. 

Right, she was now Garett’s wife. How could he kiss another man’s wife? 

When Jungkook realized this, his heart ached sharply, and his face gradually paled. 

He clenched his fists, forcibly suppressing his wild desire for her, then muttered an apology to Lisa. 

Lisa gently shook her head, not knowing what to say to him, “I… I need to use the restroom.” 

Feeling awkward, Lisa tried to make an excuse to avoid Jungkook, but he stopped her.