213 - 214

Seven days after Lisa’s death, Jason returned to A City 

He went to Hailey’s apartment with a bag of documents in hand 

Halley had just frished preparing a bunch of Lisa’s favorite dishes, placing them on the table when Jason showed up. 

After he walked in, he glanced at the food on the table and asked Halley with a hint of surprise, “What’s with all the food?” 

With some sadness in her eyes, Halley replied, “I heard that today, the loved ones who have passed away for seven days will come back. Lisa didn’t get to eat the soup I bought her before she passed away she must’ve been hungry for a few days. So, I prepared more food for her just in case.” 

Hearing this, Jason’s face turned pale, as pain gripped him so bad he couldn’t breathe. 

Lisa had indeed left this world without eating or even drinking a drop of water. 

Remembering Cleanor’s dismal departure, Jason felt wobbly and had to lean on the dining chair to strady himself. 

Seeing him like this, Haley immediately suggested he take a seat and then went to the kitchen to get a bowl and utensils. Setting them aside, she said. “Let’s eat with her.” 

Looking pale, Jason nodded and took the utensils Hailey handed him. But as he brought the food to his mouth, he couldn’t taste anything. 

uldn’t taste 

Neither could Hailey but she forced herself to eat. She had to gather strength for the vengeance she planned against Austin and his accomplice! 

After a few bites, Jason put down his fork and handed the bag of documents to Haley. 

“Hailey, these are all the immovable properties I own, and I’ve transferred them all under your name.” 

“As for the non–immovable ones, I’ve transferred them to your bank account. You can check the specific amount later.” 

“You don’t have to work at that nightclub anymore- take good care of yourself and don’t get too tired. 

Hailey grew more and more uneasy, feeling that he was leaving his last words behind. “What are you going to do?” she asked. 

Jason calmly smiled and said, “Don’t worry. I just promised Lisa I’d take good care of you. But as you know, managing the Clowers Group leaves me no time to look after you. The least I could do is give you some money 

He finished with a hint of remorse in his eyes, 1 should’ve taken care of the two of you as soon as I returned to the Clowers Group, but I lost my memory, causing you and Lisa to suffer for five years.” 

He had found out that Lisa had sold her body to pay for his surgery and borrowed a sum of money from VitaLife Global for the follow–up treatment. 

For the past five years, Lisa lived frugally under her massive debt, always trying to save money. 

Hailey had to sell alcohol day and night at the nightclub, cften bulied by lowlife customers. 

As a child, Jason promised to shoulder the responsibility of looking after them. However, he broke that promise. 

Each time he thought about this, he felt so guilty that it kept him up at night. He wished he could go back and slap his past self.