364 - 365

In the space agency, a bunch of space bigwigs were holding a meeting in the conference room. 

A man in a snazzy, high–priced suit was seated at the head of the table, his long legs crossed and leaning back into a leather chair. 

His face was as if it was chiseled out of stone, flawless. He had chiseled features, a prominent nose, and sexy thin lips. 

He had a pair of narrow, neat eyebrows, like they were meticulously trimmed, and long, thick lashes shielding his icy eyes. 

He radiated not just a cold aura, but a powerful vibe of someone who had been in a high position for a long time, making people dare not look at him directly. 

At that moment, he was caressing a scar on the palm of his right hand with his slender left hand. 

The room was in a commotion, but he seemed oblivious, just looking down at his scar. 

“Mr. Laurence, we developed this together, you can’t hog all the patent rights…” 

Hearing someone address him, Jungkook slowly lifted his head, looking at Peter, whose face turning red arguing with a guy from the Laurence Group. 

Seeing Peter disturb their boss, the guy from the Laurence Group slammed his hand on the table and started yelling, “How dare you say we developed this together? For the past three months, our guys have been doing all the research. What have you been doing? You can’t even calculate basic data, and you want the patent?” 

Jungkook didn’t stop them, instead, he said to Peter, “How much do you want? Spit it out.” 

Peter knew the Laurence Group was loaded. That was why he joined the project in the first place. 

Now that Jungkook saw through him, Peter didn’t hold back and blurted out, “Ten billion dollars!” 

Hearing this, the guy from the Laurence Group was so enraged he was ready to throw hands. 

Jungkook didn’t stop them, and soon the room was in an uproar. 

He turned his head to look out the window. Outside was a clear blue sky, bright and sunny. 

He had been cooped up here for three months without going out or contacting the outside world. 

He thought it would ease the pain a bit, but the deep–seated longing only grew stronger. 

Lisa, that name, would bring him awake in pain during his midnight dreams. 

He looked out the window, his eyes slowly reddening. Outside the space agency, a familiar figure appeared. 

She was wearing a red dress with a matching belt, her figure slender, her demeanor elegant. 

Her short hair was draped over her shoulders, revealing a delicate face when the breeze blew. 

Seeing that face he missed, Jungkook couldn’t believe his eyes. 

He quickly got up, walked to the window, and stared fixedly at the familiar figure. 

She was holding a bunch of blueprints, walking in on high heels, chatting and laughing with a guy next to her. 

She was filled with an aura of intelligence and elegance, and compared to the her in his memory, she seemed more confident now.