296 - 297

When the manager heard this, he looked awkward, but managed to keep his smile and said, “Chase, I’ll call again to hurry her up. Please wait a moment…” After he turned around and left, the smile on his face gradually turned into worry. 

Ever since the place changed hands, very few people dared to cause trouble here, but he didn’t expect to encounter a group of wealthy and powerful people today 

He had arranged for many people to serve them, originally thinking that business would boom tonight, but he didn’t expect they were here to make trouble. 

Just when the manager was feeling down, he saw Hailey in her backless black gown walking towards him. 

“Boss, you’re finally here. They said if you don’t show up, they’re going to shut down our place! The manager said. 

“Don’t worry” Hailey said. 

Hailey wasn’t nervous at all. She simply said two words and then quickly walked towards the VIP room. 

When she pushed the door open and saw the man sitting in the dark corner, Hailey’s face slightly changed. 

She thought it was just a group of bored rich people causing trouble, but it turned out to be Cedric? 

Hailey found it strange. In the past, in order to do business, she had specifically invited him to come here, but he refused the offer, saying the place was too tacky for his status. 

But now he showed up with a group of rich kids, even specifically asked for her, what was he up to? 

Hailey’s face stiffened for a few seconds, but she quickly put on a smile and walked towards them. 

“Sorry, everyone, I was late.” Hailey apologized. 

After saying that, Hailey picked up the glass on the table and said generously, “I’ll drink three shots as a punishment, please cool down.” 

Just as she was about to drink, Chase stopped her, “Hailey, we’ve been waiting for you for an hour, are three shots enough?” 

Hailey kept her smile, “How many do you think I should drink?” 

Hailey and Chase knew each other. She had met him once when she was out with Cedric. Back then, everyone else mocked her for being divorced, but Chase didn’t. So she had a pretty good impression of him. She didn’t expect him to join others in giving her a hard time after she broke up with Cedric 

But Hailey was okay with it. She had been through the wringer in this industry for many years and was used to such situations. No matter what the other party wanted to do, she could handle it. 

She maintained her smile and looked at the group of men in the sofa area. 

Chase glanced at Cedric who hadn’t spoken anything and said in a deep voice. “Three bottles, Hailey, can you drink them?” 

He glanced at a row of high–alcohol–content bottles on the table, apparently wanting Hailey to drink a few of them. 

Hailey’s face still wore a smile, “Three bottles, not a big deal. But…” 

She deliberately paused, her slender finger touched a row of bottles. She picked one, and looked up at Chase. 

“If I drink these three bottles, will Chase continue to give me a hard time?” Hailey asked.