Part 12

It was Friday evening and Missy was stood in her bedroom gazing at her reflection in her full length mirror.

She had on the most gorgeous red dress that hugged at her slender figure, her hair was loosely curled and her make-up pretty.

Since the merc's offer on Tuesday evening, of a Christmas party at his buddy's' bar, Missy had so desperately wanted to go. So after much deliberation and fretting, she had moved some funds around in her account and found some spare cash for a sitter. It had been tough to even find one this close to Christmas but $150 later and she was all set to leave at 8pm.

Wade had sent over the address earlier on in the week on the off chance she would change her mind, and just an hour ago, Missy had replied with a {See you there at 8.15}, and had instantly received a smiley face emoji back within seconds.

Missy fiddled with her hair, the strangest of feelings fluttering inside her stomach. To say that she was excited was an understatement. It had probably been years since she'd been out like this, getting dressed up...but that was all she was excited for, of course it was....not the idea of spending any time with Wade Wilson...no....of course not....

She had found the perfect dress in the back of her closet, which luckily still fitted like a dream, so pairing it with a pair of peep-toe heels and a short leather jacket that currently lay across her bed, she was pretty much ready, just applying one more coat of mascara to the her top lashes.

Emily was sat up on the bed behind her, playing with her mother's hairbrush and staring up at Missy's refection in awe.

Emily had never ever seen her Mom dressed up like this...and by the way her tiny mouth hung open she was enjoying watching Missy get ready, her little green eyes following her every movement.

Missy smiled, turning to look at her little daughter, who was already in her fluffy white onesie pyjamas.

"So are you going to be a good girl tonight for the sitter while Mommy goes out?" she asked gently, coming over and toying with the tiny bow on top of Emily's head.

Emily gave a nod, her eyes travelling over Missy's soft features.

"Mommy luks pwetty," she said after a second or two, her little mouth falling open once again.

Missy beamed, bending down and kissing Emily's forehead.

"Thank you, baby," she said, feeling so much love for the little girl before her.

Missy had managed to convince Emily to give day-care another try and to her relief that sour-faced old witch from the other day, was nowhere to be seen. Missy couldn't exactly say that the little girl was happy to go back, but there definitely hadn't been anymore tears.

Emily titled her little head to the side, putting her hand into her mouth and chewing on her pudgy knuckles. She watched Missy carefully, as she walked back over to the mirror, slipping into her high heels.

"Waydee see yoo tonighh?" asked Emily suddenly.

Missy felt a blush creep up her neck, and she couldn't help but smile, her eyes falling to the floor momentarily.

"Wade might be there, yes," she replied.

Emily wriggled to the edge of the bed, staring up at her Mom in wonder.

"Waydee wil like you," said the toddler, trying to reach out and grab the hem of Missy's dress. "An den he wil be my Daddy."

Missy instantly turned to Emily, blinking twice.

What did she just say?

Missy gave a gulp, her face turning scarlet in colour and her heart beginning to thud inside her chest.