𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

✿ [Y/N] POV

I took his large hand in mine and gently stood on my toes to kiss him on the cheek. Then I directed my gaze to large clock in the center of the library. Almost half an hour has passed.

I turned my gaze back towards Tewkesbury and I noticed that he was already staring at me, as if observing me.

Then he brought his free hand up to gently cup my cheek, I saw his head lowering, his eyes focused on my lips.

Just as his lips were going to meet mine again I quickly put my index and middle fingers on his lips. My gloved fingers putting a barrier between my fingers and his soft lips.

"I'd like to get to know you more before we kiss any more." I told him and his eyes looked sincere as he nodded again.

"Im afraid I can't help myself, you're the most beautiful girl I've laid my eyes on."

I pursed my lips and suppressed the urge to grab his face and kiss him there. As badly as I wanted to, I can't forget about Phillip and my own morals. I will not fall in love with another man whilst being practically betrothed by another.

"I bet you've said that to other girls." I muttered and he shook his head, gently tucking a loose strand of my [h/c] hair behind my ear.

"Only the girls that I feel are worth liking."

I smiled at that, and soon I heard my name being called for. Tewkesbury and I turned towards the entrance of the library quickly, alert.

"I must go." I told him and his face slightly faltered. "Must you?" He brought his hand up to gently stroke my face. I wanted to stay more than anything. But I can't and I refuse. I won't fall for him. Hopefully.

I nodded into his calloused hand, and he smiled gently before bending down to give me kiss on the cheek. My lips parted as he did so.

I only could stare at him as I began to walk away, his hand still in mine. It was almost like he refused to let go as I walked away, and with on last step I felt his hand fall from mine.

   What I didn't see was how his face fell, and how his head tilted down as our hands fell from each other.

I rushed towards the ballroom, hoping I was in too much trouble. I saw a couple do other ladies giving me dirty or confused looks as I passed them.

   I ran into Enola and she looked at me with stern eyes, "And where on earth have you been?"

"The bathroom. Those crab cakes are quite the-" Enola was quick to cut me off, waving her hand dismissively. "You were with the nincompoop that is the Basilwether heir."

  I couldn't reply, and she smirked as my silence told her yes. She linked her arm around mine and we walked towards Phillip, Daisy, and Lorenzo. Enola telling me about how Phillip was seemingly worried, I saw Daisy trying to console him and Lorenzo was watching me with narrowed eyes when we finally reached them.

    Phillip rushed up to me, placing his hands on both sides of my face, inspecting me for any signs of distress or illness. "Where were you? I was so worried." He rambled, his Italian accent lacing his voice and I shook my head.

    "The bathroom-" I lied, "Perhaps I had a little too much to eat."

   He didn't look convinced as I brought my hand up to place it on his shoulder, I felt ill. My feelings all over the place. This isn't right of me. I should tell Phillip the truth. I can't be talking to another man whilst one who likes me is standing in front of me. I feel awfully guilty for lying to him and everyone else.

"I also just went out for some fresh air." I told him and he nodded, his pale blue eyes looking skeptical.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

  I looked around for Tewkesbury, only to see him and the boy he was with, gone. Vanished. I didn't want to admit it but I felt my heart sadden slightly before I quickly covered up and directed my attention to Phillip.

                               ***

     I spent the rest of the night of with Phillip. He never left my side and demanded he go everywhere with me. I thought it to be polite and somewhat sweet at first, that is until it just got annoying.

I laid in my bed, wearing my white long sleeved nightgown, made with the finest silk of course. I found myself staring at the white ceiling that has patterns carved into it, a large painting of angels flying in a blue sky, enveloped in clouds, in the shape of circle in the middle.

  I fiddled with the ribbon on my nightgown, as I thought back to Tewkesbury. Back to the kiss we shared, how I wish more than anything to be able to kiss him more.

   I quickly shook my head in shame and furrowed my eyebrows, I can't be thinking that!

I hate myself even more for crying after the kiss, but I couldn't help myself, as badly as I hate how Tewksbury made me feel in that moment, I still wish I had kissed him more.

  Then I thought to Phillip, my eyes rolling as I thought about him. I've decided I don't feel anything for him, I care about him but I don't like him as anything more than a friend. Even if he is incredibly handsome and caring.

  My eyes stared to droop and I yawned, clearly talking and dancing all night seems to have worn me out.

As I drifted into sleep, my lasts thoughts being of the boy who has made me feel like no other has.

———————————-

This chapter sucks. A little filler chapter but don't worry I promise the next one is where it gets better!

What are your guys thoughts on Tewkesbury and [Y/N]??

-ur friend sucks at dancing