𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

[Y/N] POV

I walked through the garden path, slim and tall trees standing in the sidelines, creating the path I was walking through. The sun shined down on me as I walked, my round hat protecting my skin from the sun, the large blue ribbon wrapped around the top of the hat, trailing behind me.

   A smile, bright on my face as I made it towards the end of the garden. This garden has always been my favorite, it was the most isolated and slightly unkept, but still the most beautiful. It overlooked a cliff on and overlooked the ocean and England.

It was on a land that was between my family's property and Tewkesbury's, it belonged to no one and for the most part no one came around here. Usually.

  I smiled at my surroundings, and stretched my arms out.

  I brought my arms back in and took a deep breath, closing my eyes.

   I felt a pair of palms touch my face gently, I brought my hands up to touch them, keeping on my face. I gently pecked what I assumed to be the left palm before turning my head to face the boy I expected.

  I lifted my right hand up to lift my hat up as I looked up into his brown eyes. "My love?"

"[Y/N]." He smiled.

  I caressed the back of his hand with my left thumb before he gently kissed my cheek.

  Perhaps I should explain. It's been almost three months since the ball. Tewkesbury and I have been writing letters to each other and meeting in secret. This garden becoming the place we meet the most.

  Phillip left for Italy, a week after the ball. He had to return for he is in training to take his fathers title, as his older brother Malcom decided to go overseas and join the navy.

  He made high promises for me, I told him I would wait for him, out of pity and my mothers threats.

      Tewkesbury and I have gotten rather close, the situation with my family and his unfortunately worsened. My mother has spat on their name and my father growing more stresssed as our money has only declined even more.

  Despite my promise to Phillip, i never said I would wait for him romantically and I made it clear. It would've ruined my morals and I wouldn't have started something with Tewkesbury. I won't be in a 'relationship' while I'm interested in another. It's not who I am.

  I have started something with Tewkesbury. I've kept it slow. He wants to start a public and official relationship but I refuse. Not until he and I talk to my father. My father will understand us. He will let me be with Tewkesbury. 

     Despite how badly I didn't want to like Tewkesbury, how badly I didn't want to fall for him, it was impossible not to. He made it impossible. His kindness, his interests, his respect, his flirty comments and him in general are everything I've ever craved and wanted.

   Tewkesbury lowered his head for a kiss and I turned my body around to face him, laughing at his eagerness. It's been almost a week since we last saw each other and he acts as if it's been forever.

"Hold on Tewkesbury-" I giggled as he reached closer again.

"Don't reject me like this." He mumbled eagerly and I gently arched my back backwards to lean away from him, getting support by wrapping my arm around the back of neck.

"[Y/N], I love being with you, knowing that you are mine."

"I love being with you too. I'm yours without caring what anyone else thinks." I told him truthfully.