𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

✿ [Y/N] POV

"Hello, can I help you with anything?" I ask him almost rudely. Clearly bothered. Where is Tewkesbury?

  He steps inside my home without asking, "Yes, I'm here to talk with Lord Bradbury."

"He's not here." I reply immediately,

"You're his daughter, no?" Lorenzo asks and I nod, wanting him to leave already.

"Yes but I just told you that hes gone and I really don't know when he's coming back. You'll have to return another day."

I answered him quickly, hoping he'll leave when the servant from before approaches.

"Miss, your father is asking what's taking so long?"

Lorenzo turns around in shock before turning around to stare at me again, I blinked in embarrassment and shock as I went to fix my hair, trying to avoid eye contact.

I bit the inside of my cheek as I watched him follow the servant to my fathers office before I walked out of the house and started to search the outside for Tewkesbury.

I call his name and I see him standing by a statue in the garden in front of my house and we both rush towards each other.

"What happened? Where were you?" I ask as I now stand in front of him.

"I saw Lorenzo Brewer arrive and I thought for a moment that it was your brother." He explained and I shook my head.

"No, he's not my brother." I explain, getting frustrated and Tewkesbury places his hands on his hips and stares down at me with a hint of jealousy in his eyes.

"Really? Then why is he here?" He spoke, jealousy lacing his voice and I scoffed in disbelief.

"I don't know! I really don't know." I tell him and he runs his hand through his hair and averts eye contact with me.

"[N/N], wouldn't it be better if we arrange this for another day?"

I shake my head no and wrap my arm around his and start to take him towards the house again, "Of course not! You need to talk with him today. Now come on, we'll wait outside his study until he receives you."

I bring him inside and we both walk up to my fathers study and we wait there for a couple of minutes, all the while Tewkesbury tells me that this whole thing was bad idea.

"Alright! Stop being so negative!" I scold him lightly, holding into his hand. Tewkesbury gently crosses his arm across his chest as he stares into my eyes.

"I'm sorry but I'm not being negative, I'm saying things how they are. I'm a realist."

The doors open and my father appears, Tewkesbury fixes his posture and reaches his hand out to shake my fathers hand. "Good day, Lord Bradbury," He greets my father.

My father greets him and shakes his hand before turning towards me, Tewksbury begins to speak about the reasoning for his visit but my father talks over him, "[Y/N], we need you for a moment in my study, Lord Brewer wants to propose something to you."

I nod my head, "Father, Mister Basilwether is here, could you please talk with him?"

"In this moment I am busy, if it is not something urgent then you could perhaps tell me another day." He says and Tewkesbury nods his head.

"That's fine, I'll come by tomorrow." His voice doesn't sound bothered and I feel myself get sadder. "Good day, Lord Bradbury, and Miss." he turns around and gives me a look that says 'I told you so'.