𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

✿ [Y/N] POV

Phillip looked worried as he stared down at me from where his tall figure was standing. I sat on the couch in our living room, he had come to have dinner with us as always and I knew I had to talk to him.

   It was only a couple of hours ago when I had pushed him away while he was kissing me.

   I hated being near him, seeing his enchanting eyes and attractive features only drives me with more anger. I hated him. He had made a plan with my mother like the man he is, to buy me. To make me his wife.

    I didn't look at him, I simply stared down at the arm of the sofa or my lap, I knew we had to talk but I was waiting for him to speak.

        I hated knowing that I had to marry him, that I had to spend the rest of my life with a man who had bought me. And even though I still despise Tewkesbury for leaving me, I can't help but think of him in this moment and how much I miss him.

             I miss his loving letters that he would send, how every time we would meet he would kiss me gently and hold my face in his hands. The loving names he would call me, angel, my love.

"Forgive me if the way I acted this morning bothered you," I hear Phillip say in his attractive accent as he sits down next to me, I finally look at him, my face rather blank.

"No, you forgive me," I had a part to play now and I had no other choice.

"I know you like me a lot [Y/N]," He says and I try not gag or roll my eyes. "But you're still not in love with me."

   He finishes and I stare at him, trying not show how much hate I have towards him, "Perhaps everyone has a point, maybe we are getting married to fast."

   My head perks up and I look at Phillip in surprise as he continues, "We should've waited a bit longer so we could get used to each other."

   "But either way it would've been the same. The people of this part of the country are gossipers." He also says, Italian in his voice.

"Like they say, large country, large part of hell." I refer to a saying, hoping me saying hell isn't in proper but I knew Phillip long enough now to know he finds such language amusing coming from me.

   His perfect lips rise a bit in amusement, "That's how it is."

"The both of us are sitting down here knowing that just a couple of feet away there are people, who are aware of what we do." He also says and I look away as I nod.

"That's why we can't act like we truly are, when I arrive here in your home, I'm not the same." I turn to look at him as he speaks, "I don't feel free to tell you what I truly feel. What I feel for you."

     His hands lands on top of mine and I'm intrigued by his words. 'Not the same' what does that refer to?

  "That's why I want us to get married quickly, because I know that once we live together, there's not going to be any ears or people around. Then that way I can show you, how much I love you."

    I'm silent as he goes on, listening intently. The idea of living with him made me want to cry.

  "And I'm sure that one day, you're going to be able to love me in the same way." He finishes, placing a gentle kiss on the side of my mouth. I'm rather stiff and I turn to look at him.

                                 -

"Phillip, don't you dare even try to come tomorrow because it's horrible luck to see the bride before the wedding." My mother teases as we all stood in front of Phillip.