𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

✿ [Y/N] POV

"Are you sure you don't want new shoes [N/N]? I'm sure they could bid you well."

I shrug my shoulders, I really couldn't care less. "No, I have many. I don't see the point of wasting money on new ones."

       My Aunt Josephine had dragged me out and we were now walking around town, and the markets. Just simply looking for jewelry and shoes.

"But you know that the way to fix a broken heart is by buying a bunch of things!" She laughs and I wrap my arm around her shoulder, laughing a bit too.

     As we walk, my aunt Josephine babbles on about Daisy's family, and how Daisy doesn't seem to happy with Lorenzo.

  I hadn't noticed, they seem happy in my eyes but I suppose I had taken notice of Daisy's behavior, how she seemed rather uncomfortable.

        As we pass stores and cafes, I stop right in my tracks when I see the one and only Phillip, talking to Inspector Lestrade.

My eyes narrow and I felt my heart stop for a couple of seconds, why on earth were they talking with each other? For what reason?

              I feel my heart churn, the feelings of Tewkesbury's betrayal resurfacing as I see Inspector Lestrade again.

My aunt Josephine looks at me and I smile again, my eyes still watching them.

-

I stared back at myself in the reflection, I had just gotten ready, my hair was in a side fishtail braid and I had a couple of strands let out, framing my [s/c] face.

My mother stood behind me, watching my face in the mirror. I had light make up put on, not too much and I was wearing a rather fancy green dress. All for the gathering at Daisy and Lorenzo's house.

"Are you ready now?" She asks and I nod my head, "Yes mother." I roll my eyes slightly.

She nods, "I'm going to tell them to have our carriage ready."

I don't reply and adjust my hair quickly but when I see her almost walking out I stand up. "Mother wait-"

She walks back to me as I ask her, "Who's going to the gathering?"

"The same as always, a couple of acquaintances, why?" She narrowes her eyes slightly, the orange dress she was wearing complimented her hair and eye color.

"Is Phillip going?" I ask her, trying to seem like I have other intentions than what I truly have. I need to ask him why he was talking with Inspector Lestrade.

"Well hopefully it occurred to Daisy to invite him-" She brings her index her finger and taps her temple, mocking her. And I look away, "Because, well you know why."

I know she's referring to me getting close to Phillip, but I don't have it in me to try to refuse. The boy I loved had left and I was all alone again.

I look at my reflection one last time before walking downstairs.

-

I stood with my hands laying against my lower stomach, Daisy was playing the piano, the song being Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven.

Everyone's eyes were on her as she played, she looked wonderful. Her dark hair was tied up in a braided bun and she had her dark bangs framing her delicate face.