PROLOGUE

Beep beep beep....... Cameron groaned as he rolled over in his bed and fumbled in the dark to turn off his alarm. He opened his blurry eyes and squinted at the time blinking on his digital bedside clock. It read 4:30am. He slowly sat up and stretched the remaining sleepiness from his limbs. "There should be a law against having to get up this early", he muttered to himself.

Stumbling his way to the bathroom, he switched on the bathroom lights and made his way over to the bathroom sink. There he stared at himself in the mirror. Looking back at him was a 27 year old man that looked as if he had aged 100 years in just a few short weeks. All signs of life and vitality had been bleached from his skin. He was a pasty white. His once vibrant blue eyes were now rimmed with dark circles, and sunken into his face. They were nothing but a shadow of their former brilliant blue. His cheeks were sunken, causing his cheek bones to stand out prominently, and his nose to appear sharp and pointy. His face was lined with worry and fear. The only colour in his face, were the dark circles under his eyes and the natural pink to his lips. Looking at him, it was clear that he had lost a significant amount of weight in a really short time.

He sighed deeply, turning away from his reflection Cameron entered the shower and turned it on as hot as he could stand it. The tears slowly creeping down his face. This is the place where he comes to cry. Where no one could hear him. Where he lets all his fears out. Where he allowed the grief and despair to consume him. This was where he raged against the GOD'S and cursed them. Where he broke down and ask why?

After finally composing himself, Cameron finished his shower and hurriedly entered his bedroom to get dressed. He had a flight to catch. One that was taking him back to a place and an individual that he had prayed to never see again.