Chapter Thirteen "A DANGEROUS SECRET"

Picture above Bethany………… don't know the models's name, but she fits my image of Bethany physically.

To say that Cameron was devastated, would be a gross understatement. He went so far past devastation, he was on the brink of having a mental breakdown. He couldn't move. His body remained frozen from the inside out, as his entire system seemed to just shut down and to seize functioning. Hunters' betrayal had left him without an anchor, without purchase to hold on to and without reason. He had nothing left and nothing made  sense anymore. During their time together, Hunter had quickly become the very center of Cameron's world. His everything and now he was left with nothing.

He stayed collapsed on the floor. That was where Thorne found him an hour later. Hunter had long since been consumed by his self-directed rage, which had caused him to phase and taken off into the forest surrounding the cabin. As Thorne got to the cabin, he could hear Hunters' pain filled howls echoing from the distant mountain. It struck an answering chord within his chest. He ached for both his brother and his best friend. He instinctively knew what had taken place between them. Thorne had driven up to the cabin, because he knew that after Hunter told Cameron about Bethany being pregnant, Cameron would need him. Her announcement had shocked them all.

Thorne found Cameron curled up in the foetal position beneath the broken window. He was no longer crying. Cameron had run out of tears, he was just lying there, staring blindly into space at nothing. His mind no longer able to process the nights events, his body not acknowledging the cold bite of the wind coming in through the broken window. He was almost catatonic in his despair.

Thorne was both saddened and furious when he saw Cameron. Saddened because of the clearly obvious pain that he was experiencing and furious at Hunter for being the cause. Thorne walked over towards Cameron swiftly and ever so gently gathered him into his arms. "I've got you. Come on." He whispered soothingly as he picked him up and cradled him to his chest like a babe. "Oh my God, you're freezing." Thorne exclaimed. Thorne wasted no time in taking an unresponsive Cameron upstairs to Hunter's bedroom and laying him down on the bed, Thorne wrapped Cameron in the thick heavy blankets. "I'll be back in a minute. Just let me get the fire started." He said, but Cameron remained unresponsive, not acknowledging anything going on around him.

Thorne made quick work of getting the fire started and quickly returned to Cameron. Thorne got into the bed beside Cameron and pulled him into his side, spooning him from behind, his arms wrapped tightly and comfortingly around him. Thorne stroked his hair and cooed to Cameron softly, trying to soothe him and offer what comfort that he could. Thorne didn't know exactly what had taken place between his brother and Cameron, but he could give a good guess. Judging by the state of the den and the condition that Cameron was now in, things had gone very bad indeed.

…………………………

Thorne stayed with Cameron through the night, soothing him periodically in his fitful sleep. As dawn broke Cameron woke up suddenly, with his lovers' name on his lips, "Hunter!" he cried out.

He was met by Thrones' low soothing voice, "He isn't here." Thornes' words had the effect of a judge passing a death sentence. Cameron literally jolted. He turned away from Throne without responding and went to the en-suite bathroom, where he was suddenly and violently ill. Thorne rushed in after him. He held Cameron through it all. He held on to him as he brought up what little food there was in stomach. He held him through the dry heaves that wracked his weakened body long after his stomach had been emptied. When the wave of illness was finally over Thorne helped him clean up and got him back into the bed to rest.

After ensuring that Cameron was somewhat ok, Throne left him and went downstairs to clean up the mess that Hunter had made in the Den and also to prepare something for Cameron to eat. Upon returning to the bedroom Thorne found Cameron with silent unchecked tears running down his face. Thorne quickly set the tray he was carrying aside and climbed unto the bed with Cameron. Pulling him into his body, spooning him. "It's ok. It's ok. I'm here" he tried soothing him.