Chapter 3

I watch out the window as we reach a guarded gate. There are two men that walk along the side of the car, taking in every detail. The third man speaks to the driver briefly before allowing us to pass through the gate. A few more men are scattered across the lawn but I'm sure there's more hidden from my view. The end of the long driveway circles around a large fountain. I stare up at the beautiful three story Spanish style house in awe. This property is probably worth millions. The lawn is perfectly manicured and the plants out front have been well maintained.

Swallowing nervously, I force myself to step out of the car. The driver leads the way to the front door, allowing me to enter first. The foyer is is rounded with stairs on each side, meeting in the middle. I don't have much time to take everything in before a small group of people passing by catches my attention. The men are wearing jeans and t-shirts while the two women who linger behind wear extremely revealing dresses. One of the men notices me and splits away from the group. He appears to be close in age and he's quite attentive. "Hey. You're Isabel, right?"

"Yes. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Anthony. Come with me."

I glance at the driver who nods once and I take that as my approval to follow the stranger. We enter the kitchen where four women are making food and drinks. Anthony hands me a drink before helping himself to some of the food. "Antonio Martinez," an older woman shouts, swinging a towel at him. He quickly dodges it, laughing. "Stay out of my kitchen!"

Smirking, his head nods his head to the side. "Come on, Javi should be in here."

I follow him down the hall and outside to the back patio where about thirty people are. Most of the women are wearing revealing dresses and the men are either dressed casually or in suits. I feel completely out of place. Jay is nowhere in sight and I begin rethinking everything. "Maybe I should wait inside for him," I suggest as Anthony comes to a stop.

He shrugs. "No, you're fine here. Javi said he'd meet us out here. Sit."

He sits on the coffee table across from me as I sit on the loveseat. "I don't fit in," I say, thinking aloud.

Anthony chuckles. "No one does when they first get here. You'll grow into it." I look at the women that surround me doubtfully. "So you're the one that was in the plane with Javi right?"

"Yeah," I say, looking down at my drink. "I'd rather not talk about it, if you don't mind."

"Oh, right. I'm sorry," he says, standing. "There's Javi. It was nice meeting you. I'll see you around."

I glance over my shoulder to see Jay walking towards me. Serval men stop him for short conversations and a bunch of women throw themselves at him. He doesn't seem to pay anyone much attention. His eyes are set on me. Breaking his gaze, he says something to the man beside him before walking away. Finally he reaches me, holding out his hand. "Isabel."

"Jay," I respond and he pulls me to my feet.

"You look lovely," he says, looking me over.

I chuckle. "I don't fit in."

"That's a good thing. Don't try to be like anyone here, just be yourself. Once you get a sense of the place, you can get a new wardrobe to your liking."

I take a moment to look him over. He's wearing dark blue jeans and a white button down shirt with the sleeves rolled slightly. His hair is messy in a sexy kind of way. His green eyes stare back at me for a short moment before turning to someone else. A woman hands him a glass with a dark liquid in it, pressing her body up against his. Her breasts and butt are about ten times larger than mine and she has a perfect hourglass body. Her tan skin is flawless and her makeup is done perfectly. Long brown hair falls down her back in waves. I watch as she whispers something into his ear then presses her plump lips against his. Turning, she disappears without bothering to look in my direction. Oh my. "Come. I'll show you around."