Chapter 14

Anthony set up a spa day for me to help me get 'relaxed and mentally prepared' as he put it. He went all out and got me a massage, manicure, pedicure and even made me an appointment to get my hair done. I believe it was mostly to get me out of the house while they prepped for tonight but I keep my suspicions to myself. I'd be stupid to turn all of this down. Especially considering the fact that I've never gotten pampered like this before. My final appointment of the day is my hair appointment with a lovely woman named Cassie. I decide to keep my visit rather simple. We start out with a wash and trim. After she dries it, she begins curling it as she tells me her whole life story. Her husband was in the military and she stayed faithful to him while raising their daughter. When he returned from his tour, he left to her be with her best friend. It's a shitty thing to do to someone but I feel especially bad for her because she seems like a genuinely sweet person. To be betrayed by two people you loved and cared for so deeply is devastating. I pray she finds someone who deserves the love she has to offer.

By the time I'm finished, I feel like a whole new woman. I feel like I'm glowing - like I could walk on water. Self care really does give you a sense of happiness and some confidence in yourself. I thank Cassie and leave her an extremely generous tip before driving back to the house. My long hair falls around me in waves as I make my way back inside. The men don't even notice me walk by. I roll my eyes at their lack of awareness as I enter my room. I apply some lotion to my legs before slipping into my dress. I put on my jewelry which consists of a simple set of earrings and a matching necklace. Normally I don't wear makeup but I feel as if this is the one occasion I can allow it. I apply some mascara and lip stick before walking over to the mirror to view the final product.

Hot damn.

Anthony was right. After putting on my heels, I'm ready to go. Nervousness consumes me and I head into the kitchen for some liquid courage. The sound of my heels gains everyone's attention and I try my best to ignore them but it's impossible. Several jaws drop, Jay's being the most noticeable to me. As if they've never seen a woman before. I blush slightly from all of the unwanted attention as I enter the kitchen. "Who needs a shot?"

"Hell yeah!"

"Me!"

Several of the men chime in at once as they follow me into the kitchen. I grab the shot glasses from the cupboard and line them up on the island. Grabbing the bottle of tequila, I quickly pour it down the line of glasses before passing them out. Once everyone has a glass, Jay raises his. "To Isabel."

"To Isabel," everyone repeats in unison.

As the others toss back their shots, mine and Jay's eyes linger on each other for just a bit longer before I toss the shot back. Whew. I needed that. The men head outside to begin loading into the two SUVs as I follow behind. Anthony walks beside me holding a small black clutch with a thin gold chain. "There's a little GPS and microphone in here just in case he tosses your phone somewhere. There's also a card holder with a fake ID and some credit cards. Your name is Scarlett Daniels and you live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Make up the rest as you go. Stay safe."

I nod, accepting the clutch. Oh my gosh, I'm really about to do this. He hands me the keys to the black BMW they rented for the occasion and I sit in the drivers  seat. Just when I start the car there's a knock on the window. I roll it down and Jay leans down to see me. His thumb gently brushes my cheek. "You look beautiful Isabel."

"Don't get used to it. I feel ridiculous."

He chooses to ignore my comment. "You can back out at any time. If there are any red flags just walk away when it's safe to do so. Your life is more important than catching this guy. We won't be far. The moment you get to his room, we'll be on our way up."