Chapter 19

Everyone sings happy birthday as I stand behind my three tier cake. Happy tears fill my eyes. I've never felt so loved by someone other than my parents. Jay and Jade went out of their way to make sure I had an unforgettable twenty-fifth birthday. My confidence is through the roof tonight. I feel light, carefree and most of all happy. As the singing comes to an end, I close my eyes and make my wish. I open my eyes and blow out the candle. Everyone drunkenly cheers before returning to their activities. The DJ begins playing music again as I turn to give Jade a hug. "Thank you Jade. This means the world to me. This party is incredible."

"Thanks babe. You deserve it after everything you've been through this year. I'm happy you're happy."

The staff rolls the cake back into the kitchen the kitchen to cut it. Someone grasps my hips from behind and presses their body to mine as they nuzzle their nose into my neck. I lay my head back and smile. "Why don't you show me to your room?" Devin whispers into my ears.

My eyes pop open when I realize who it is. "Uh, I just want to enjoy the party tonight actually."

"Okay, I should probably get home soon anyways. I have some work to finish up in the morning. I'll call you tomorrow to tell you about your birthday present."

I turn in his arms and smile. "Thanks for coming."

"You're welcome. Happy birthday, beautiful."

His lips gently press to mine before releasing me. I watch him walk away for a moment before Jade nudges me. "Is he leaving already? I invited him so you could get laid."

I chuckle. "I don't need to get laid. I need to get drunk and dance until I pass out."

"In that case, let's go get get drinks."

She links her arm with mine and saunters over to the bar. Anthony and Elena have been attached all night. Jade tries to ignore them but I can tell it bothers her. I feel bad for a moment but I realize that maybe it's for the best since he clearly doesn't share the same feelings as her. Plus it's my night and I don't feel like dealing with any drama. Elena is headstrong so I know she can handle him. My buzz is only getting stronger and I have a feeling this shot will be my last if I want to make it through the night. Jade releases my arm to lean over the bar so the bartender can hear her. He returns with two shots of tequila. We clink the little cups and toss back the liquid. It's going down far too easy now and they're definitely starting to catch up with me. The bartender returns with two lemon drop martinis which Jade happily accepts. I accept mine before turning to glance around the room. Some people have already called it a night but the majority of guests are still partying. Kim stops by to give me a side hug and small gift bag. "Happy birthday. You look great tonight."

"Thank you," I smile. "Are you leaving?"

"Yeah I need to get home. I'll visit soon."

I nod and she walks away. Jade takes the bag to put it with my other gifts. My eyes scan the room for Jay. It's been hours since our kiss and I haven't had time to talk to him again. I keep getting pulled in every direction by Jade. Truthfully it's after one in the morning and my feet hurt. My bed is calling my name but I'll feel bad if I don't ride it out until the end. Finishing my drink, I place the cup on the bar then walk towards the French doors that lead to the back patio. Jay is sitting in a chair staring into the small fire on the table. He really is hot. He's a fantastic kisser and I can only imagine how good he is in bed. My body aches for his touch but it's far too soon. However I am an adult so there's nothing stopping me from sleeping with him. The more I think about it, the more I want it. Walking towards him, I wait for him to glance up before sitting on his lap and curling up into his chest. He chuckles, shifting me on his lap. "Do you realize how short your dress is?" The alcohol prevents me from caring so he adjusts me to ensure no one can sneak a peek at my ass. "Isabel."