The Make-Out Room

As Charlie set up his drum set in the Higgs auditorium, he wondered why his parents forced him to do this. He only enjoyed drumming for fun, and the only benefit to the orchestra was that he occasionally saw his friends. But he remained in it, knowing that if he quit, his parents would make him sign up for some other less-interesting activity in its absence.

"Hey, Charlie!"

Charlie turned and saw Tara, followed by Darcy, who both played in the orchestra with him. "Hey," he said, waving.

"How are you doing?" Tara asked.

Charlie cringed. He wasn't really in the small-talk kind of mood. "Good, thanks. Just waiting for Nick to get here. I really don't want to do this stupid concert. How about you guys?"

"We don't want to do it either," Darcy said, grabbing Tara's hand. "But my mum will murder me if I'm not there—she's going to be in the audience."

"Oh."

"We better get ready," Tara said, preventing an awkward silence. "See you in a bit!"

"See you!"

The two girls left, and Charlie continued with his drum set, tuning it and doing some warm-ups. After a while, he checked his phone for the time. It read 17:23. The concert started at 18:00, and Nick said he would be here at 17:30. He scrolled on Instagram for a while, trying to tune out the constant buzzing throughout the hall.

Suddenly, his phone chimed and a text message appeared at the top of the screen, and another came a second later. He pressed the message and read it.

Nick <3: I'm here
Nick <3: Come to the music corridor

Charlie blushed at his phone, knowing Nick would never ask him to come to a random hallway unless it was to do something sneaky.

Charlie: be right there

Charlie knew it was ridiculous to do this when the concert was starting in half an hour, and he had to be ready in 15 minutes; but he couldn't find the motivation to care. Trying to be discreet, he put his phone away for a minute. Then, when nobody was looking, he stood up and used the back door to leave the hall.

The music corridor was far from the auditorium, so no one would be there this late. When Charlie turned the corner, he saw his boyfriend leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. In his opinion, he looked pretty hot.

"Hey," Nick said, walking over to him.

"Hey," Charlie said, staring into his eyes with an awkward smile.

Without warning, Nick took his hand and led him down the corridor and through several doors to a small room. It was a storage closet—with guitars hanging on the walls and resting against it. On one wall there was a large mirror, and opposite to it were racks of other musical instruments.

"You seem to know exactly where the make out rooms are," Charlie said, raising an eyebrow. "Have anything you want to share?"

"I may or may not have looked around a little before I texted you."

"I see."

"But, considering you have the concert in ten minutes, I think we should make use of our precious time." Nick stepped closer to Charlie, then after giving him a few seconds, he grabbed his face and pressed their lips together.

Charlie reacted by wrapping one arm around his waist and placing the other on his chest, pulling them closer. They kissed like that for a while until Nick pulled away and looked past him. Then, he nudged Charlie backwards until he hit the door and it slammed shut behind them.