Chapter 17

Nick's POV

Me and Charlie walked home and its nearly sun down. I checked the time and it was 4:40 already, we really lost track of time when we we're at the park earlier. Maybe because Charlie took so long reading and he still hasn't finished the entire thing yet.

"What do you want for supper, Char?" I asked him as i slowly looked at his cheeks and his lips.
"I don't wan't to eat supper today" my brows frowned and my forehead wrinkled.
"Oh, why not?"
"I'm not in the mood for supper" okay wierd? He's always in the mood for supper, why did he refused today. Is there something wrong? Is his mental health gone down that quickly?

I have so many questions that are spiraling in my mind and i dont know if i should asked all of them. Charlie might get overwhlemed if i just bombarded him with questions.
"Will a snack do for you?" I asked desperately so he could eat something after that long walk from the park.
"Nah, im good" okay this is really wierd, heck he's acting so weird right now. Is he not feeling well?

I put my palm on his forehead and checked if it was warm. It's a bit warmer than usual so i just kissed him on the cheek and let go of the whole he needs to each conversation because it might turn into a fight if i didn't.
"Okay but you'll have to drink water though if your not going to eat supper" he nodded and went upstairs.
I want to follow him but Daisy is already at my feet and she's looking at me like she hasn't ate for days. Maybe 2 scoops of kibble would do for now and i could just leave a bowl later when she gets hungry at night.

A/n:

I know that its short (sorry).  i had basically no time to write lately and school is taking up half of my day.