Chapter 3

We shared a toast and down our shot of scotch letting the liquid leave a burning trail down the back of our throats. The place we were was a small bar just blocks down from the school.

And let me tell you that Nell is quite the happy drunk which completely caught all of me, Laud, and Wilde off guard. We shared a look before they took out their phones and recorded Nell.

I couldn't help but laugh here and there whenever he tried to strip off his shirt with Laud trying to stop him. Wilde and i shared another shot of scotch.

"Seems like you could hold your liquor." Wilde tells me and I just nod.

"Dranked alot with my father back in the day. Not exactly the best thing to teach your son but it eventually came in handy I suppose." I say, stopping to let out a roar at how Laud and Nell hugged each other shouting out the door of the bar.

Both Wilde and I sent a look of apology to the bartender and he just smiled not minding.

"Well what else do they expect." Wilde chuckled.

"Hmm, I don't really know." With that we challenged each other to see who would be the next to be drunk.

Obviously I've won but sadly I had to pay our bill and was slightly buzz. The bartender was nice enough to give me a discount.

I heaved up Wilde using my shoulder as support out the bar, setting him besides the other two drunks. Pulling out my phone I dialed for two taxi.

After a few the two taxi pulled up, one of the drivers came out to help me get them into the car.

"Just asked them for the location. I'm sorry to trouble you so late in the night." Taxi driver waved me off before driving away.

I got into the other taxi and told him my address.

My apartment building came into view. After paying the driver I bid him a good night before heading up to my room.

A figure stood by my front door which got me kind of worried. Until I saw the poor guy bleeding.

"Hey. Hey." I shooked the guy awake but he just grunt. It's was cold outside so I carried him inside. "God your bleeding so much. I need to call the hospital."

He grabbed my hand tightly. "No, don't."

"But yo-."

"Just don't!" He roared as I flopped him down onto the bed.

"Your lucky that I'm nice." I mumbled before stripping him of his clothes.

Wow, a really nice muscular built body. Sadly mines wouldn't be like that since I have a smaller built.

He had also caught a high fever which wasn't in my favor.

I couldn't see his face since it was caked up in blood. Getting a wet cloth I slowly wiped away the dried blood away from his face.

"Devlin!" I shouted, causing the neighbors to bang on the wall in irritation. I mean can't blame them since its in the wee hours of morning.

"Shut up." He grumbled, throwing an arm over his eyes.

"What happened to you?" I asked wrapping up his arm to his hand.

"Got jumped by the old gang." Was all he said and I didn't question any farther.

"After I finish, take a rest I'll call in sick and take care of you." I tell him, grabbing my phone to call the school.

After a few get well soons, I hung up.

"Ok, I'm all yours for the day." I tell him sitting at the end of bed but he had already fallen asleep. "I guess I'll go and sleep on the couch."

Before I could take another step, I yanked back and fallened onto the bed.

"Stay here." Devlin tells me, tucking me close to his body. I kneed him in the gut and he groaned and bent over in pain. "Aren't you the loving one. Injuring and injured person even more."

Shit. I forgot.

"I'm sorry! Let me see if I reopened any wounds!" I apologize while trying to inspect his stomach but he just held me tighter. Leaving me pushed up against his chest with mines.

Without any more disagreements, I just let him cuddle me as I fully took in his admirable structure.

If I was such an artist I would of drawn him every day.

I trailed my fingers along his jaw-line feeling it radiate off with genuine man with a burning need. This also showed others that he wasn't a foolish child as everyone thought he were.

Especially those piercing gray eyes that seem to know everything a person hasn't witness.

Yet overall he was beauti-

My thoughts were cut short as I felt something hard nudging against my stomach. I looked down and caught the sight of him.

"You tempt me, Professor." He whispers lowly into my ear.

Flushed, I shoved him away and got off the bed.

"Now, if you need anything of me, I'll be in the next room." I huffed as he chuckled at my tone of discomfort and anger.

Shutting the door behind me, I blew the golden brown strand of hair out of my face once again.

I need to keep myself busy. Wouldn't want a repeat of yesterday's morning experience.

Too lost in my own thoughts, I didn't even notice that Devlin was watching me the whole time. At least until he kissed me.

"Good morning, Ciel." I backed up from the closeness, wiping my lips with the back of my hand.

"Devlin! What are you doing out of bed! You should be resting as you recover!" I scold him, seeing that he was wearing his pants, I grabbed his arm, indicating for him to sit on the couch. I fluffed up the couch pillows so he could lean back and relax before heading to the kitchen.

Coming back into the livingroom, I handed him some pain killers and a glass of water. "Drink."

He didn't argue as he took the medicine and gulped it down with water.

I watched him closely as he down the rest of the water.

After downing the remaining contents, he shuffled a chuckle with a cough.

Raising a questioning brow at him. "What?"

"You're such a worrywart but it's nice." He sighs tilting his head on the back of the couch. "Is it also just part of being a Professor?"

"Of course, your my student it's only likely of me to also take care for your health." I ranted off.

He let out a even longer sigh before glancing at me.

"Then come Professor and help me." He beckons me with a finger as I stayed put glaring down at him. "Students have needs and problems too you know."

Yeah, but something's fishy.

"Being irrational." I mumbled under my breath. Just as I neared him I cross my arms.