Chapter 13

Devlin's POV

I was reluctant to leave Ciel behind at the house himself encase he attempted to make an escape away from me.

But that edge to his grandfather voice seemed sketchy.

"Devlin, come to the main house. I've got important matters to dicuss." Devlin remember how shaky and hesitant his grandfather sounded which was completely a surprise to himself.

Since his father's wife ran away off in her own expertise she'd let money gone into her head. Well, of course, his real mom she had abandoned him in the slums the minute he was born. It was only then five to six years later his grandfather had found him and his real father couldn't bare the thought of having being such a fool to think he was in love with my mother. So he sent me to live off with my grandfather excusing himself busy when he really wasn't. All he ever did was busy himself in replacing new lovers.

Being a good puppet I was I'd let my grandfather control me, set up standards for me, and be his perfect little model. Of course I went through that rebellious stage but he'd started using drugs and my body to get his contracts.

"Young Master, we're here." Ridding myself of thoughts, I stepped out of the car being greeted of the unwillingness and despise of myself and the house.

"Where is he?"

"He's inside his office, Young Master." Once he stepped inside the butler was first to greet him and then a few maids that followed close behind him.

"Young Master, welcome back home." Ignoring the welcome, I went upstairs and straight into my grandfather's study room.

Silently, closing the door after myself. My grandfather threw a glass flower pot that sat at his desk at me, successfully aiming at my head.

"Do you know what you've done! Stupid child! You are exactly like your father! Always being so damn selfish!" Not bothering with the cut and the million of glass pieces on the floor, I watched as he rants. "If I'm gone who is going to be my Heir!"

Confused, "Why would you be gone?"

He flopped his old self down into the leather seat, tugging at his gray hair. "I'm talking about your future! Dammit! People want you dead! As we speak now they are probably at your home."

At the back of my mind Ciel appeared just as quickly he disappeared.

"What have you done?" Fear gripped at my guts tightly.

"What I should have done. That mere toy of yours is going to be your replacement and will die in your place." He spats waving a hand dismissing me.

Furious, "You'll regret it grandfather."

"As if I'd care." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh you will if I'm the one dying today, Grandfather. Meaning that you won't have a Heir besides my father whom can't provide you another one. Even if he does you'll be in your death bed by then." Quickly, I ran out of the study room without a glance back.

Damn it all to hell.

What the hell have I done bring the one I cherish most into this.

"Julian, drive me back home as fast as you could." Without another word he followed instructions and slipped into the driver's seat as I into the passenger side.

"Ciel, please be alright." I prayed as Julian drove as fast as he could back to my home.

A mere few minutes had felt like hours as they arrived at his home. Getting out the car I ran inside the house not even caring for my safety but only Ciel's.

"Ciel!" When I didn't hear a reply, my heart dropped thinking I was already to damn late. The bolt to the door was broken and the door laid ajar enough to peek inside. On the bed laid what would look like a body. Fearing for the worst and feeling self hatred, I hesitantly stepped into the room.

"Shit!" Hiss a man causing me to glance to my right.

"Devlin! Run!" Ciel's panicked voice warned me just as relief washed over me in soothing waves.

"I should of had killed you when I first came in." He hissed pointing the gun down at Ciel head from behind.

"Don't look!"

'Don't look. I'll be fine, Devlin. That what friends are for right? I'll be watching over you from above, bro.'

"No!" I leaped towards the man grabbing the gun. Kneeing him in the ribs the man released his hold with a groan of pain. Throughout the dispute the gun had fallen to the floor as he recoiled back with his fist aimed high to my face. Effortlessly dodging it, I caught his arm and twisted it behind his back , pinning him against the wall, face first.

"Who the hell are you!" I demanded but he only chuckled with dark laughter.

"I see your weakness now, son. Let's just hope that they don't get their hands on him once they are told." He continued to laugh which only infuriated me even more. Throwing him onto the floor I put a few rounds onto him before Ciel stopped me.

"Devlin! Stop your going to kill him! He's already unconscious!" Ciel shouted at him but he didn't feel satisfied at all. He had wanted blood and was done with all this shit. "Please, Devlin. Don't make me fear you too."

That whimper that came from Ciel seemed personal as if it had happened before.

"Ciel." Leaving the man's body behind, I walked over to where he sat and pulled him into my lap. "Thank god. I thought I would of lost you too but no not again will I sit and watch."

"We need to leave, Devlin. As to him its obvious that it isn't safe at all." Ciel cupped my face in his small cold hands. Slowly he kisses me before speaking again. "My life will never be the same, will it?"

It could stay the same if I just leave you.

How could I leave you though. Just the thought is unbearable.

For my own selfish reasons, "No."

Ayyeee, Hi guys as you could see their might be a super plot twist meaning I'm going to have to change the summary (When I'm not too lazy) lol

I had really wanted to post this on Valentines Day but I spent it with my cousins and parents watching movies, first Deadpool, which was a good and hilarious movie then secondly Pride and Prejudice + Zombies, it was good but to me I personally thought the part when they fought would had lead to a good sex scene TT^TT LOL

Anyways Happy Late Valentines Day TT^TT

Hmmm, I'm actually thinking of writing another ManxBoy story soooo want to check it out?

It's call Bought and Paid For.

Thanks for reading!