The Party

Max patiently waited for the school bell to ring.

She had called an emergency meeting to discuss what they could do to help Steve and Billy out.

As soon as school let out she dashed to their meeting place, a broken-down school bus in an empty field.

About ten minutes later the other five joined up and they were all sitting on the bus waiting for Max to tell them what happened but she was waiting for one more person.

Thankfully that person didn't take long to get there.

"Hey guys what's up," Robin asked as she entered the broken school bus not too sure it was a safe place to hold a meeting but she kept that to herself.

"Ok, Max we are all here what's up?" Dustin asked impatiently.

"We need to help Billy and Steve realize that they are each other's soulmates," Max said, placing Billy's journal on the ground.

Robin looked at Max and said, "Oh shit that's why Steve was in such a mood. He must have figured out Eddie wasn't his soul mate, this is all my fault".

"Why?" Max asked, confused.

"Because Steve showed me his journal and I was positive it was Eddie so I had him set up a coffee date to test the theory. I must've been seriously wrong" Robin said, putting her face in her hands and crying.

Max placed a hand on Robin's arm. "You made an educated guess no one can hold you accountable for that.

Billy must have seen them leaving the coffee shop and now Billy is sure Steve and Eddie are together and he's locked himself in his room".

As silent as it was on that bus you could've heard a pin drop.

It was Will who finally broke the silence.

" So Billy figured out it was Steve but Steve thinks it's Eddie and now both of them feel like they won't ever find their soulmate.

If we meddle it could make it worse but if we don't they might never figure it out. They are both kind of dimwitted when it comes to this sort of thing" Will said garnering agreement about his statement.

"Are we sure Steve is Billy's soulmate, Max? '' Jane asked quietly.

Max flipped open Billy's journal to the page he wrote all the clues.

"I can't figure out who else it might be. His eyes and hair match, Billy was an ass to him when we first came and he has always lived in Hawkings. The most damning part for me was his name starts with ST" Max said, shutting the book and leaning back.

"Makes sense to me," Lucas said.

Robin nodded in agreement. "Now what though. Those two hot head's aren't going to listen to a word we say" Robin said.

"I've got it. Why don't we make sure they have to do small things together all the time and maybe they will just pick up on each other's feelings on their own" Mike said with a grin.

Will gave Mike a big hug and said "That's why he's the glue that keeps the group together".

"How do we get them to be around each other though," Max asked, not quite sure how this was going to work.

They were quiet for a moment when Dustin said "study sessions. My mom has been making me do study sessions with Steve. Max could say that she needs the extra help in a subject Steve knows more about and I could tell Steve that there's a subject Billy knows more about that I need help in".

"That's a great plan, Dustin," Max said and they decided they would ask tonight about the joint study sessions.

Later that night

Steve's house

Dustin was just finishing up his English homework when he let out an exaggerated sigh.

"What's up Dustin," Steve asked worriedly.

"Oh, it's just this trig homework. I know math wasn't your thing so I will ask someone else. Though Max was saying she needed help in English which you're great in and since Billy knows Trig maybe they could come and do joint sessions" Dustin said as he looked at Steve with a slight pout.

Steve silently nodded and said, "I will give him a call while you finish up your English homework".

Dustin hid his grin and got back to his homework while also doing his best to listen to Steve's conversation.

Billy picked up after two rings and said "hello".

"Hey Billy it's Steve. I am here tutoring Dustin and he mentioned Max needed help with English and he could use the help with Trig and since I know nothing about Trig maybe you could help him and I could help Max with her English homework" Steve said and waited.

He heard Billy call out "Max, Harrington is on the phone and says you need help in English, is this true".

"Ya I suck at it and so do you" Steve could hear Max yell back.

Billy let out a deep sigh and said "Fine where do you want to meet and when".

"What about My house? Let's say around 5 pm Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays since those are my days off," Steve said.

"What a coincidence! Those are my days off too. The universe is fucked up sometimes. See you Wednesday Harrington" Billy said and hung up the phone.

"Well Dustin we will have more people for the study group starting Wednesday," Steve said and got back to helping Dustin with his essay.