Thursday

Thursday

It had been a long night for Steve Harrington.

"You should tell Steve about living in California sometime" Max had said loud and clear. That one sentence played in his head over and over while he tried to sleep.

Once his alarm went off he got up and got into the shower. The warm water ran over his body as he played that one phrase over and over again in his head.

With every drop, he thought more and more about the clues he had figured out in the journal.

California, a dark past, not many friends, and rock/metal music.

Billy didn't have very many friends and his past is almost a blank slate to Steve. All he knew was that Neil wasn't the greatest guy.

The knock on the bathroom door jarred Steve out of his daze.

"Hey dingus I need to get ready as well so hurry up" Robin growled from the other side of the door. She was not a morning person.

Finishing up Steve got out and headed out the door.

"Woah Stevie put a towel on I don't care to see that much of you this morning," Robin said half with a laugh and snort as she pushed past him and into the bathroom after Steve grabbed his towel looking like a crab from head to toe.

He tried to push aside the thoughts and focus on his day. Which mostly worked out except for the wrong turn on the way to work and possibly giving Erica way too many free scoops of ice cream.

Once they got back to the apartment Steve started to get things ready for tomorrow's studying session.

He carefully set out some of the tapes Eddie had given him to listen too honestly he couldn't get through one song on any of them.

He also put out a book he had on California. He thought about putting out pamphlets about living through child abuse he had gotten when he did some volunteer work at the kid's hospital but decided that was way too much.

Robin just watched as Steve ran around. She loved him and for him to finally find the one he was meant to be with would be all she could hope for.

Though she was worried both men were too dense and stuck in their own minds to figure shit out.

As the night wound down and they had finished dinner and got the chores done they slumped onto the living room couch and did their nightly cuddles.

"Hey Robs, what if I told you I think I know who my Soulmate is?" Steve said as he ran his hands through Robin's hair.

"Who's that Stevie?" Robin asked as she moved closer for him to get her scalp better.

"Billy Hargrove," Steve said quietly.

"Makes sense. He's a lot like Eddie isn't he" Robin said with a purr as he hit a good spot.

Steve thought about this for a minute and realized she was right. They both liked the same kind of music. They also drew people to them.

"Rob, what do I do here? Billy tormented me for an entire year. I mean that was way back but inside I'm still prickly around him" Steve said as he started massaging her shoulders.

"Then tell him off and see how he takes it. I mean no relationship starts off perfect. Just make it natural and forget the book" Rob said as show happily moaned at the knots being removed from her shoulders. Steve should be a massage therapist. He was good at it.

"Your right Rob" Steve said as he finished up.

Rob gave a playful moan and sat up.

"You next" she said and they switched places.

As Robin gave him a massage he thought about how tomorrow after studying he would confront Billy about what happened in high school.

He was glad Billy was picking up Dustin because he was going to need all the extra time to get ready for tomorrow's session.