Friday

Dustin and Max we're waiting in the front of the school when Billy pulled up.

Dustin got in the back as Max rode shotgun.

"How was school," Billy asked as they pulled away from the high school.

Max groaned and Dustin started going on about something new they learned in science.

"That's your favorite class isn't it Dusty" Billy said.

"I love it. The teacher is also amazing. He lets us stay after school sometimes and play around with different chemicals in the lab" Dustin said excitedly.

Billy smiled. He wished he had that enthusiasm in school and that Max would put some more effort in but she was more like him than he wanted to admit too.

As they pulled up to Steve's apartment the butterflies started flying around his stomach again.

Then he saw it. He saw Eddie Munsons truck and he could feel his blood pressure slowly rise with each breath he took.

"Let's go" Billy growled.

Max and Dustin got out and huddled together.

"What is he doing here," Max asked, panicking.

Dustin shrugged.

"This is going to fuck everything up," Max said with her own worry pouring out with each word.

They noticed Billy heading for the stairs so they ran to catch up.

They got to the door just in time to see Eddie give Steve a nice solid hug.

Both Max and Dustin gasped at the same time, meanwhile, Billy was making some kind of guttural sound deep in his chest.

Both Steve and Eddie must have heard them because they both looked over and Steve pulled out of the hug quickly.

Eddie must've felt the jealousy rising from Billy because as he passed by him to the staircase he whispered "Steve is pretty isn't he".

The growling deepened and lightning flashed in his eyes but Billy clenched his fists and waited for Steve to invite them in.

Steve was just staring at Billy until Robin reminded him they were waiting to come in.

"Oh yeah sorry come on everyone," Steve said and waited for the others to get in and then he headed in and shut the door.

Billy went straight to the kitchen, grabbed a beer and sat on the couch awaiting the kids to get their homework set up.

He never opened it. He just stared at it and tried to keep himself from crying. This just sealed his fate of never having a soulmate. Neil was fucking right.

Steve just stared at Billy. He wondered if Billy knew he was his soulmate.

Billy glanced around and noticed the tapes on the table. Then he noticed the books on California.

"Yo Harrington you listen to some kick-ass music also you planning a trip to California, Max and I both grew up there. We could give you some decent pointers on where to visit" Billy said looking through the book Steve had set out.

Robin groaned in frustration. No living being could be this dense but here they were. Two of the densest people she had ever been around.

"Uh yeah I've been thinking about traveling to California during the summer," Steve said nervously.

Billy nodded and said, "I know the greatest beaches to go to that the crowds don't. I will write those down".

Steve was about to bring up school when Dustin said "We are ready for the study".

That earned a groan from everyone.

The next two hours went by pretty fast. There wasn't a lot of homework over the weekend thankfully but with Max having a report and Dustin still not that great at his math it took awhile.

When they finished Billy started helping Max pack up when Steve said out of nowhere "Could you stay I would like to talk"?

Billy looked at him and looking at the look of pain on Steve's face he said "Fine but I expect some food".

Steve ordered some pizza and once it was delivered and they had eaten Steve sent Max and Dustin to the game room where he had a Nintendo set up. They didn't hesitate to go.

Billy sat down at the kitchen table and waited for whatever was coming his way but before anything got started someone knocked on the door making everyone jump a bit.

Taking a deep breath Steve went and opened the door and was shocked that Eddie was standing there.

Robin wanted to scream but took a deep breath and tried to keep calm.

Billy just put his face in his hands cursing his life.

"Hey Stevie, I forgot my favorite sweater while I was here earlier," Eddie said, smirking in Robin's direction.

That made Billy lookup. "Hey I will get the kids so you two can be alone. I mean soulmates need their time together" Billy said, pushing the chair back and storming back to the game room.

They could hear him telling Max and Dustin it was time to go no matter what Mario level they were on.

"He doesn't know, does he?" Eddie said, looking a little embarrassed at his actions.

Steve shook his head no.

"Eddie fucking Munson here's your damn sweater now get the fuck out. I'm going to go and try to fix this" Robin growled, throwing Eddie's sweater at him and headed to the back room aka Steve's room.

Both Steve and Eddie looked at her in shock.

It finally hit Eddie what was fully going on. "Oh shit, he's your soulmate. Aww dude I shouldn't have teased him earlier. I hope this isn't fixable" Eddie who looked like he was going to cry.

"It will be fine Eddie," Steve said, placing a hand on Eddie's shoulder. Eddie nodded, said his goodbyes and headed out.

Steve took a deep breath and was shocked when he turned around and Billy was standing right behind him.

"How long have you been standing there?" Steve asked as his cheeks flushed a crimson red.

"Why Harrington, got something to hide. Don't worry it's only been seconds and Eddie was already leaving, Robin said we need to fix something so I came out intrigued by what that could be," Billy said looking up into Steve's big brown eyes.

Steve nodded, placed a hand on Billy's arm, and led him to the couch.