COOL NEWS

Howdy all :D

Fun fact: I wrote this in 9th grade. I am now days away from moving into my college dorm.
Another fun fact: My LoZ hyperfixation is back at full force thanks to TotK. Funny how things line up like that.

So.. to celebrate the nearly 4 year anniversary of this fic.... I have a question for you!

The question: Would you be interested in a heavily modified rewrite of this? It would be a college au rather than a high school au, but would keep some key details—most notable being that Link and Zelda's Complicated Relationship. It would also be posted over on Arvhive of our Own; the link to my Ao3 profile is in my bio here.

Here's a vague list of things I've kept or modified:
- Link (and Zelda's) bad home life (though it's less of a focal point since they're no longer living at home)
- The antagonistic beginning to their relationship. The story here is that Link bullied Zelda in school, he's not proud of that but also sees it as less of a problem than it really is, and they both think they're getting a fresh start here because what are the odds of them both going to the same college, right?
- Remember that weird love triangle with Mipha? And how I solved it by fucking Killing Her? Yeah it's gonna be a polycule now.
- The plot and writing are generally just gonna be... more solid. It might get away from me and end up being less of a Bruises rewrite than I intended but yknow. Whatever happens happens.

The thing is, I'm currently working on two other sizable WIPs, and I have an awful track record when it comes to actually finishing things. (If I get enough support on it though... that might motivate me enough. You would not believe how much a good comment can carry a fic.)
So. No promises in regards to actually finishing it... but I will absolutely try if people really enjoy it!

TLDR: I'm thinking of writing a spiritual rewrite of Bruises, and this is an interest check. Thoughts?

Love u <3