The Dinner

Dahyun had her closet emptied out all over her bedroom. She and Tzuyu were already dressed in casual but dressy clothes. Dahyun was in a simple black skirt that hung just above her knees paired with a flowy top. Tzuyu was in leather pants and a dark tank top with a low cut, showing just enough cleavage. Chaeyoung nodded her approval and then took the clothes that Dahyun had already picked out for her. It was rather simple, just a pair of tight, black jeans and a grey, long sleeve shirt with a dipping neckline and a few buttons that can be undone. Chaeyoung left the top few open, revealing a substantial amount of cleavage.

Tzuyu took in her outfit. "You look good, Chaeng. Really is too bad she won't be able to see you." Chaeyoung hit her arm. "You know you look good in that top, so don't even."

After some light bickering about who would be riding shotgun, the three roommates left the apartment and got into Chaeyoung's car.

"We should stop at a liquor store to pick up some beer and wine before heading over," Dahyun piped up from the back seat.

"You're running in then, because I'm sure as hell not losing my seat," Tzuyu squinted at Dahyun through the mirror. Dahyun rolled her eyes.

Chaeyoung laughed quietly at their antics. They constantly fought over the front seat when they were in the car with Chaeyoung because of her music rules. Whoever rode shotgun got to pick what played, and she could veto any choice. "I'll go in. At least that way you two can learn to act like adults before we get there."

Chaeyoung turned the car into the parking lot of the liquor store and parked close to the door. Pointing her finger at her friends, "Behave, children." She rolled down the window in the backseat an inch with a cheeky grin before closing the door.

"You're younger than me, Chaeyoung!" Dahyun yelled through the small crack, her face pressed against the glass.

Chaeyoung walked into the store and went over to the beer section, picking out Tzuyu and Dahyun's favourite brands. She then moved to the stacks of wine bottles. She wondered if Mina was a wine drinker. Or maybe she was into beer like her roommates. Chaeyoung would drink either. She drank literally anything in college, including the homemade moonshine Nayeon's friends constantly dropped off for her at half price.

She picked up a dry red and a sweeter white wine. Carrying the bottles and cases of beer to the cash, Chaeyoung hoped that the night would go well.

Mina answered the door promptly at 5pm, wearing light jeans with a black, button down shirt with lace along the shoulders, and her large sunglasses back in place atop her nose. Chaeyoung was a little disappointed that she wouldn't get to look into her hazel eyes tonight but she understood. "Hey, Mina!" Chaeyoung said cheerily. Tzuyu and Dahyun shared a look. Chaeyoung was so smitten already. Just from the familiar smile on her face and the fondness in her eyes, they both knew she was a goner.

"Hello, Chaeyoung."

Jihyo and the cute smiley woman Chaeyoung recognized from the pictures on the wall come in behind Mina. "Chaeyoung, and the annoying roommates." Tzuyu smacked Chaeyoung's arm and Chaeyoung looked innocently at her friends. "I'm Jihyo," she pointed to the woman behind her, "This is Sana. And you have already met Mina."

"Dahyun and Tzuyu," Chaeyoung pointed to the two women as she said their names after setting the alcohol on the counter. Tzuyu held out a hand to Jihyo, while Dahyun was doing the same for Sana. Mina was still standing by the door, listening to the introductions. Chaeyoung noticed Dahyun checking out Sana and let out a quiet chuckle. She was quickly enamoured with Sana.

Tzuyu was shaking Jihyo's hand and smirking at her. Jihyo was smirking right back. It seemed like the two would get on quite well too.

Mina was totally oblivious to all of the body language she couldn't see, and decided to speak up. "Okay, so can Tzuyu and Dahyun make their voices known for me?"