The Second Dinner

Mina woke up slowly, like she had been the last month. A small yawn slipped from between her lips. She stretched out her curled legs carefully, bumping skin against skin. Chaeyoung's skin. The warmth of Chaeyoung radiated out and made her want to pull back into that warm spot she had created, curled up beside Chaeyoung's mostly naked body. But it was morning. Chaeyoung's phone would soon go off like it did every morning, except the weekend, for her to go to work. She regretfully pulled the covers back enough to slip out of bed without waking up Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung was not a morning person, which Mina had learned very quickly.

They had been sleeping in Mina's bed together every night since they made their relationship official. It was just an unspoken agreement between the two of them that they were to be beside each other at every chance they got. Mina loved every second of it. That included the grumpy Chaeyoung she got to deal with every morning when Mina inevitably couldn't wait for the alarm to go off because Mina needed something.

Mina needed good morning kisses.

Mina tiptoed around her bedroom to find Chaeyoung's uniform button down that had been left on the back of the desk chair. She slipped it over her bare torso, buttoned two middle buttons to keep it shut, before she made her way into the kitchen to make a pot of coffee.

Chaeyoung was always much happier to be woken up when there was coffee.

Mina played with the collar of the uniform shirt as she waited for the coffee to brew. The aroma of the coffee filled the air and it was delightful, but it wasn't nearly as good as the way Chaeyoung's shirt smelled. The clean laundry detergent and a hint of Chaeyoung's perfume bursting from the seams was better than anything except the source itself. Mina would drown herself in the smell forever if she could. For now, Mina revelled in smell, knowing that it would soon be back on its owner as she left for work.

The coffee maker beeped and Mina pulled two mugs down from the cupboard. She fixed Chaeyoung's coffee the way she liked it, two sugars and just a touch of milk, and walked quietly back into her bedroom.

Mina could still hear Chaeyoung's light snores when she set the mugs down on her desk. She crept around to her side of the bed and lifted the blankets to sneak back under. Mina wrapped an arm around Chaeyoung's bare waist, fingers skimmed across the expanse of soft skin. She grazed her fingers atop Chaeyoung's body until the snoring stopped.

Chaeyoung groaned softly and turned over to face Mina. She pulled Mina's hand from her stomach and instead placed it on the swell of her breast. "That tickles," she whispered, voice husky from lack of use.

Mina flushed at the sound of her voice, much like she did every morning. "So you want me to grope you instead?" Mina asked as her fingers tapped against the bare skin of Chaeyoung's chest.

"Well, I wouldn't be opposed." Her grin was apparent to Mina despite not being able to see it herself. "Good morning," Chaeyoung said as she pulled Mina in for a kiss.

Mina hummed and put a bit of force into it. It lasted for a beat before she pulled away, not wanting to distract Chaeyoung from getting ready for work. "Coffee is on the desk."

Chaeyoung groaned again, louder this time, and curled into Mina's body. "No. I don't want to get up."

Mina huffed a laugh and brought her hand up to Chaeyoung's shoulder. Her fingers tapped out an old but familiar pattern repeatedly. "But you have to."

"Can't I just stay home with you?" Chaeyoung asked with a pout.

"You could, but then people would be out there, waiting for their hero to come to their rescue forever."

Chaeyoung scoffed, "As if someone else wouldn't be there in thirty more seconds."

"You like your job," Mina said. She pressed a kiss to Chaeyoung's forehead.