Chapter 2

Yesterday's movie was good, even though it ended like any other movie, she got the boy and they married. Of the second though, I only remembered the beginning, I'd fallen asleep. When I woke up, I was lying in my bed instead of the couch, probably put there by Elijah, who apparently had carried Caroline as well seeing she was lying on the matrass next to me. When she slept, she looked really weird. Her mouth was always open, a double chin was formed, her arms were spread like a butterfly spreads its wings and her legs were curled up to her stomach.

It made me wonder, how my brothers would look like if they'd sleep. It'd definitely be an opportunity to kill them. Nobody used their bed, except for Klaus and Stefan, they brought girls home, against Elijah's rules, and I don't really need to point out what they use the bed for.

Trying not to make a sound, I tiptoed to my door, avoiding the mess, opened it and closed it again, really soft. A sudden movement behind me made me turn around and in one tenth of a second,  my back was pushed against a wall. Klaus was so nice to keep me in place there, not bothered about it hurting. If I had vampire strength, I'd push him back, over the railings, but yeah, I didn't.

''I know you were in my room, all my stuff smells like you.''

I smiled, he was right. Yesterday night , me and Caroline had held a kind of photo shoot in between the two movies but I couldn't find my camera so I went into his room and looked for his. I'd almost forgotten about it.

''Yeah, remember I asked you I could use your camera? Yesterday night, when you were home..'' I stopped, knowing Klaus got the point. My brother gritted his teeth and looked over his shoulder to see Elijah setting the table downstairs, who was probably listening. Klaus forced a smile and let go but not without a watch-your-back glance at me. I rolled my eyes.

''What an extensive breakfast! You've really overthrown yourself this time.''

I wondered what Klaus meant and got down after him. He was down in a hundredth of a second, I needed half a minute. We used to play tag, when we were young, I used to be faster than Stefan and Klaus, even though I was younger. Good times.

Seeing the table, I had to admit Klaus was right. There were four plates on the table, a dozen of different kinds of cheese, seven kind of drinks, the usual confectionary and even unhealthy food. I smiled, hoping he would let me eat some of the cake but I doubted it. Elijah only let me eat healthy, not that he could control me when I was at school but still, I sometimes really craved for chocolate pudding at the table or a cookie in the jar.

''Why four?'' I asked. Elijah said he wanted to make it up to me, for leaving yesterday and leaving me with Klaus and Stefan, where after he immediately got an answer at from Klaus, telling him that he and Stefan were the best brothers in town. Elijah and Rebeckah would join me and Caroline at the table. He thought that I would like that. I confirmed that I indeed would like that, announced I was going to get dressed and went back upstairs. I was a little worried that yesterday's event might get out into the open and that Elijah would be mad or rather hurt but I trusted Klaus and even Stefan. As long as they hadn't done something stupid, It would be all right. Our house was really big, it had to be if you lived in it with six.

The living room, with not much furniture and the best quality technology, and the kitchen, a very modern one with a kitchen island, were open, no doors involved. The stairs were on the right, going up to a kind of balcony where the second floor started, which was also open and big. Kind of like Damon's ego.