8

Elijah didn't come home on Tuesday and neither did the rest of my siblings except Rebekah. Michael had stayed with us since Saturday and they acted like they were my parents. It was annoying. When I asked them about Damon being a teacher, they laughed and started making jokes about him teaching a class. Apparently, Elijah hadn't told Rebekah. I didn't want to ask him on the phone because he could just hang up on me and I didn't want to take that risk. So I waited until he was back, which was the following day.
''Two of my vampire brothers are in the same school as me, two! '' I shouted.
''Why on earth would you even take that risk? Why is Damon a teacher at my school? Because I can't think of a single reason, Elijah.''
''Since Stefan isn't capable of looking after you on his own, I thought it would be wise to have an extra pair of eyes. '' I shook my head. I couldn't bring anything against that except that they both weren't capable of looking after either me since they hadn't noticed me going away for an hour. I wasn't going to bring it up though.
''You drive me crazy, you know that?''
''I can say the same about you.''
With that, he left , gone to do whatever I wasn't supposed to know.
Awesome.
I laid down on the couch, catching some sleep until the vibration of my phone made me awake. It was Jenna. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I answered but couldn't help to yawn first.
''Hi, what's up?'' I asked.
''Have you been sleeping? In the middle of the day? While we have a huge test for science tomorrow? ''
''Well, I've already studied it and I was tired. '' I explained, making circles with my finger on the couch.
''Why do you call?'' I asked.
''Matt asked me out again and I wondered , maybe, you wanted to join us, do a double date? I mean, It looked like you got along well with Jake so I figured...are you in?'' she asked.
''I 'd love to but I don't know if I'm allowed. I'll let you know.'' I told her, but I wanted to just say yes, to tell her to pick me up at seven but I already knew I wasn't allowed to go anywhere.
It wasn't until I lay down again that I realized something. Elijah had said Damon was at my school because Stefan wasn't capable of looking out for me on his own, but why would he say that? Nothing he knew off had gone wrong, unless he knew. But if he knew about me and Willow being harassed by those guys, why didn't he tell me? It made my head hurt so I let it go, I could ask about it another time. I took a blanket and fell back asleep, thinking about Jake.

Jake was standing next to me, we held hands.
It felt nice, they were warm and gave me a safe feeling. Why did I have the need to feel safe?
A sudden wave of fear went through me and I held onto his hand more tightly. I looked behind me.
We were in the woods but they went from sunny to dark in an instant.
Jake started to shake my hand off, he didn't want to hold it. I looked at him, confused and hurt. I let go, not wanting to push him. He stepped away, backed up slowly until he was a few feet away.
In the corner of my eye, I could see red eyes staring at him, then switching its gaze to me.
I warned Jake, yelled at him but he didn't seem to care.
I wanted to run over to him but something told I shouldn't. Another pair of eyes on the other side and they seemed to multiply by the second. Soon, one of the wolves came out, showing his teeth but not making any sound. They gathered around Jake whose eyes turned evil red.
I started to take little steps back, not sure what was going on. One thing was for sure, it wasn't good.
As Jake turned into a wolf, I listened to my instinct and ran. I ran as quickly as I could but constantly tripped over the roots.
I looked over my shoulder and saw him an inch behind me.
He ran faster than me.
I wanted to start running harder but a sudden push against my shoulder blades made me fall down on the ground. Sand came in my mouth mixed with blood. My lip was open but it wasn't bad. I turned around to see who my attacker was and even though I could've expected it, I was hurt and disappointed. Jake's sharp teeth came closer to my face and I tried to hold him back but he was stronger.
And that's when I woke up. I gasped from the shock and sat up. The blanket had fallen of the couch and a few cushions were spread over the floor. A sudden noise behind me made me scream and I turned around to see what it was.
''Wow, what are you so afraid of? Your heart is racing like a maniac.'' Damon said. I waved him off, headed upstairs and sat down on the window sill. I looked out the window, my eyes searching for the tree. I smiled. He had been right, it was the fourth tree on the right if you counted from the fence to the house. The weather was beautiful, the sun was shining and I could hear all the noises of the nature. It calmed me down but not enough.