Chapter 5

The next morning, I woke up at five thirty because I had gone to bed at eight and I usually slept around eight hours so sleeping ten, was long. I got dressed and walked towards the balcony, looking down at our living room, hoping no one was home, especially not Damon, I was still mad at him. Or Stefan. Maybe Elijah'd be here and I could talk to him about what's going on, which I'm probably not allowed to know. I heard two voices talking, Rebeckah's and Elijah's. I couldn't see them so they must've been standing under the balcony. Trying not to breath too hard or make a sound, I caught some of what they were saying.
''...come for her, I can feel...'' Rebeckah started talking lower, too low for me to hear but I didn't give up. This time, Elijah spoke.
''I know, I have the same....'' He paused for a minute and sighed.
''...don't know....If only Elena...of herself.'' My name? What did I have to do with anything? Maybe he had found out about last Friday, when Caroline had come to sleep and we had been home alone. Or Rebeckah told him about the wolf in the woods. This was either way not good.

''Why are you up, it is five thirty in the morning.'' Damon said, looking on his watch. I pretended I didn't hear him and looked ahead of me, my arms leaning on the bar.

Why didn't vampires sleep, it would've been much more handy now. He sighed.
''So you're mad?'' He asked.
Of course was I mad, and now, I was twice as mad because he had betrayed my position to Elijah and Rebeckah. As soon as they paid attention to their surroundings, they must've heard my heart beating and immediately stopped talking. They came in my view, away from the balcony.

''Elena? Why are you up so early?'' I rolled my eyes.

''What were you talking about? '' I asked them, arms crossed, trying to look mad. Rebeckah and Elijah looked at each other.

''What did you hear?'' Rebeckah asked. I focused my eyes on Elijah, letting him notice I trusted him and expected him to tell the truth.

''What were you talking about?'' I asked once again, ignoring Rebeckah.

''Elena, ''Elijah started and I knew what he was going to say, that it was none of my business, that I didn't need to worry.

''I want to know. It was about me, wasn't it? '' I interrupted him. Damon was leaning against the door behind me, probably enjoying the spectacle. Stefan and Klaus weren't home yet because if they were, they would've been up here already. I knew they weren't going to tell me but I was sick of it , sick of being left out, sick of being the different one. When no one spoke, tears fell down my cheeks. I went back to my room and wanted to lock the door but I didn't have the key. I sat down on my bed, legs curled up, my head between my arms. ''Let her have some time for herself.'' I heard Rebeckah say. I fell back asleep within a couple of minutes and dreamed about the wolf, I dreamed of me and him as a normal couple with a normal family.

I ignored everyone for two days but soon gave up. I didn't like fighting with my siblings but I hadn't forgiven them yet, last week hadn't been easy and no one had apologized for what they had done. Our routine was back as it was, without any sleepovers or guests. I also hadn't seen the wolf anymore which might have been good, if I didn't miss him so much. I often went back to the tree, sitting there for a couple of minutes, but Elijah had even become more protective, I couldn't go out in our yard without telling one of the vampires who stood by the window and watched the whole time. It was weird but I got used to it. The week passed by, without any words said about the conversation between Elijah and Rebeckah. I also didn't ask. If they wanted to keep it a secret, fine. But I could play the same game, I wasn't going to tell anything anymore. 

The next school week was even more boring than the last one and I was tired of getting lectures about things I already knew. There weren't much things I hadn't learned already on previous schools, I took almost every advanced class, had straight A's but never did anything. Life was easy, in a certain kind of way. The bell rang, it was Friday and Jenna had been thrilled to go to our double but not actually double date. At Eight 'o clock, I saw my chance when only Stefan was home with a girl in his bedroom. I sneaked out, ran to Jenna's car waiting for me at the end of our street and got in, glad I escaped. Ten minutes later, we arrived. I was curious who Matt would bring with him, I didn't know many people from our school. We walked in and I saw Matt sitting with his back to us, next to him a guy with black raven hair.