Chapter 6

I looked to the floor. I didn't want to see my brother as a murderer, I couldn't. I hoped Elijah would cut the ropes off but he didn't. I wasn't going to ask so I'd probably sit here for a while. He went upstairs, to his room without saying a word. Stefan looked even more angry at me.
''See what you did?'' he screamed.
''I..'' But that was all I could say because he threw something against the wall which made a hard noise when it shattered To pieces. I had closed my eyes but opened them again. It was a chair. Except now, it were just a lot of pieces of wood. A third of a second later, Damon came home, also through the window.
''What were you thinking? 'Oh, let's make all of my siblings worry, yeah, that seems like a great idea. Why not?' '' Damon said, imitating my voice.
''That's not-''
''-what you intended to do. Of course not. But the thing is , Elena, it is the only reason I can come up with to leave without telling anyone and not answering your phone while it clearly works. See why I don't understand?''

I let my head hang down.

''Will you untie me?'' I asked, looking at him. Damon shook his head and sighed.
''I really need a drink, I'm off.'' he said where after he left the house, probably to Alaric's. I had still no idea what was going on, this was another level of overreacting, even for my family. I let my head rest against the hard pillar and closed my eyes.

''Where are Rebekah and Klaus?'' I asked after a while.
''Rebekah is with Mikael, Klaus, who knows.'' Mikael was Rebekah's boyfriend, a vampire. Me and him got along well, I liked him and there weren't a lot of boyfriends of Rebekah I liked. Mikael was different, somehow. They were together for four years now, he moved with us last time. I sighed. Stefan being worried, it was the weirdest thing I had ever seen. If I'd even considered him caring about me, I guessed that he must feel guilty because he hadn't paid attention and I got away. But that was too human for Stefan.

A few minutes later, Klaus got home.
''Please untie me.'' I asked, he was my last chance because Rebekah probably wouldn't come back.
''Why are you tied ?' He asked, starting to untie the ropes.
''Stefan. '' I said. Stefan was still standing in the kitchen, drinking what looked like coffee but was probably blood. It was gross. I rubbed my wrists, they saw red from the ropes even though I had only been sitting there for less than ten fifteen minutes. I stood up and headed upstairs but Stefan stood in my way.

''What?'' I asked. I wanted to talk to Elijah, apologize for making him worry but also telling him I wanted more freedom.
''Don't go to Elijah. Let him be. He has a lot more on his mind than having to deal with a little brat. ''
''You really need to stop bossing me around, telling me what to do, Stefan.'' I said his name with a lot of venom, more than I thought I could. I tried to push him to the side, I looked like a toddler who tried to move a wall. Never had I ever had the urge to hit someone so bad so I put a little step back to punch him in the chest but before I succeeded, he got a hold on my wrist.
''You sure you want to speak like that to a vampire, who is stronger and faster than you?'' He growled.
''And who also happens to be my brother.'' I added, trying to kick him. He sighed.
''You'll never learn, won't you?'' Stefan threw me against the wall. It wasn't very hard but it had been hard enough for me to gasp for breath. The clap had punched the air out of my lungs and my back started to get sore. I felt tears sting in my eyes but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

''Harsh.'' Klaus commented, smiling. Stefan bent down but stayed on his feet so he was a little higher than me. ''You'll listen. Besides, when was the last time Elijah gave you vervain? '' he added. My face stayed blank. It had been a long time ago, not too long for it to be out of my system yet but enough time to have not much left.

''Thought so. '' Stefan smiled.
''You're going to compel her?'' Klaus wondered.
''What choice do I have?'' He asked, shrugged and smiled. He enjoyed this too much. I put my head between my arms, closing my eyes but knew this couldn't stop him.
''That won't work, I just showed you how strong I am. Now, be good and look into my eyes.'' He grabbed my chin and let me look up and before I realized I had opened my eyes, he said:
''You will go to the couch and you'll stay there until I say you can leave. Go.'' He let loose and I gritted my teeth, standing while I didn't even want to stand up. My feet walked to the couch while I did my best trying not to obey but it was impossible. I had never been compelled before. I always wondered why people couldn't resist it but know I knew. I hated it. I sat down. No matter how bad I wanted to stand up, I didn't. I couldn't.
''You're going to regret this.'' I threatened even though there was nothing I could do. I wondered what Elijah was doing, he must've heard all of this.

''Elijah!'' I yelled.