Chapter 6

The next day

It's 12:10pm, and I'm just about to leave my apartment to meet with John when Michael texts me.

Michael: When are you going out with John?

Me: In about 20 minutes, why?

Michael: Oh okay, just wondering. Have a good time.

Me: Thanks, I will.

I guess my plan worked. He's totally jealous that I'm going out with someone, but I'm not sure why he would be, considering he has a girlfriend. It isn't even much of a date, although he doesn't need to know that.

I put my phone down when I heard a knock on my door. It must be John.

"Hey, you look really good. Are you ready?" he asks, standing in the doorway.

I'm wearing an off white sweater with a plaid skirt and black tights. I paired the outfit with a red scarf and a brown corduroy purse.

"Thanks," I smile, "yeah, lets go."

After we get into his blue Ford F-150 lightning, John turns on the radio. Coincidentally enough, a Taylor Swift song comes on and John surprisingly doesn't want to change it.

"Do you like Taylor Swift?" I ask him.

"She has some good music. Besides, she has the same name as you, how could I not like her?" He replies.

I can't help but blush at that. I can tell he's trying to win me over, but I honestly don't mind it.

At the restaurant

John and I are getting along pretty well. We were talking about life and hobbies, then went quiet to eat our meals. A few minutes later he started making conversation again.

"So.. what made you change your mind about me?" He asks slowly.

My original plan was to just make Michael jealous, but I can't lie, John is really good looking. At first I honestly thought I would regret agreeing to go out with him, but it's been kind of nice. I'm actually enjoying myself.

"Uhm, I dunno.. I guess I just had mixed feelings about you at first because you almost always had a girlfriend, but I thought it would be good to talk and get to know you more," I hesitantly replied.

"That's cool," he says, "yeah, It's fair to say I've been with a lot of girls, and I get it if you think I might cheat on you if we do date. Truth is, I've never met a girl quite like you. You're unique. In a good way, of course."

I smile at him. I've never really had a boyfriend before, especially because I've been so caught up in Michael for the past couple years. I definitely don't want to rush into being in a relationship with John just yet, but this is a start. He's kind of growing on me.

Back home

"Do you want to plan something like this again? We can discuss over text if you want,"John says as he stands in my doorway.

"I would like that," I smile at him, "I'll text you."

He leaves and I immediately pull out my phone and text Violet. She would never forgive me if I waited to tell her everything that went down since last night.

Me: oh my god you won't guess what just happened

Violet: omg what

Me: I just got back from hanging out with john. I totally made Michael jealous, and honestly John seems kinda nice..🤭

Me: also what was that plan you were talking about last night??

Violet: girl that WAS the plan!! Definitely get to know John more, you might end up with him!

Me: great minds think alike!!

I'm about to put my phone down when it suddenly lights up again.

My eyes widen at seeing the message.