5.) Lingering Presence

Touka Point of View

I looked at the bodies around me. I wasn't disgusted because I was used to seeing this. Bodies all around me with a disgusting smell that filled the fresh air. Yomo got close to one of the bodies and cut it's arm off clean with a knife.

The blood gushed everywhere including on my clothes and shoes. I tried wiping some of it off when Yomo grabbed another knife from his pockets. I stopped to grab the knife and walk up to another dead human.

I started cutting the body parts little by little till we finished at about 5:50a.m. The bag Yomo brought was full as we carried it up the hill and into the car. Yomo drove us back to the cafe at about 6:00a.m.

By the time we came back I went to take a shower and get ready for work. I dressed up in my usual :re outfit with my pen and paper in the pocket of my apron. I checked my pocket to make sure I had my rabbit keychain that Kaneki gave me a long time ago.

I feel my eyes start to water at the thought so I take deep breaths while I walk out the door towards downstairs. It's about 6:30a.m. as I see Yomo already opening the door and changing the sign from close to open.

"Hey... have you been crying again?" Asked Yomo walking towards me. "N-no of course not!" I reply trying to convince him. He walks passed me saying "You know you can't trick me right?"

I looked down towards the floor letting my bangs cover my eyes. "We're you dreaming about Kaneki again... or am I wrong?" He says getting behind the counter. I lift my head up at the mention of his name.

"You know... you haven't had dreams about him for about three months now." He says organizing a few things while closing his eyes. "Could it possibly have to do with that boy from yesterday." He asks opening his eyes.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about!" I say crossing my arms with my head held high. "You can say that all you want but that boy reminded me of Kaneki...especially his smell." said Yomo while grabbing his chin.

"Yea, it was really... strange." I say remembering his scent. I stop my conversation with Yomo when I hear the doorbell ring. I immediately walked towards the door to greet the customer.

"Welcome to :re." I say bowing with a smile on my face. "Good morning." Says a handsome voice. I lift my head up only to see the young man Yomo and I saw yesterday named Sasaki... Sasaki Haise. The one who resembles Kaneki.

High dive into frozen waves where the past comes back to life
Fight fear for the selfish pain, it was worth it every time
Hold still right before we crash 'cause we both know how this ends
A clock ticks 'til it breaks your glass and I drown in you again

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Clarity by Zedd
~~~~~~~
Thank you so much if you have commented on my story or added it to your list. I may not be able to update next week because I'm staying with my cousin but I'll give you double update.