Chapter 1-5: Covention

Another day of helping Eda at her Human Collectibles stand while Luz re-read her Azura books again out loud, "'Emboldened by the dishonor Hecate had shown, Azura lifted her staff to the cotton-candy skies and shouted, 'I challenge you to a Witch's Duel!'' And look! I drew a flip book. Pew, pew, pew!"

King peeks over the top of the book, saying, "Show me the picture."

Luz asks, "What?"

King repeats, "Show me the picture!" Luz flips the book to show him, and he says, "Ha! I can draw better than that. You know, they once called me the King of Artists."

Luz says, "Wait. I thought you were the King of Demons. Are you just making this up now?"

King shrugs, saying, "Doesn't matter. What's important is that my followers would leave me offerings in fear of me!"

Luz says, "Well, I can offer you more of this tantalizing book."

Eda groans, "Ugh! Please stop reading that. It's flowery language is an insult to witches and riving away all of our serious customers!"

I snarkily ask, "What customers? There aren't even any other stands around."

Luz asks, "What's going on?"

Eda says, "This is a bad omen. There must be something horrible happening today."

Gus and Willow run up to our stand, and Gus exclaims, "Luz! Melody! Something amazing is happening today!"

Luz greets them, "Gus! Willow! Hey!"

I say, "Sup, guys."

Willow holds up a flier, saying, "It's the annual Covention! Student witches get to see all the types of covens before they're placed in one. There's even a mystery guest this year!"

Luz exclaims, "I job fair for witches! Eda, can we go?"

Eda says, "Absolutely not." Luz groans, dramatically flipping onto the ground.

I ask, "Oh, come on, Mom. What's the harm? It's not like we'd be losing any customers, and we've got nothing else going on today."

I hear Willow quietly ask, "'Mom'?"

Eda says, "I never joined a coven for a reason. Sure, it's like a fun club for witches, but you're also giving up your magical independence to be part of a crooked system."

Willow groans, dropping the flier.

Eda says, "Eh, but, you know, no judgement. In any case, I haven't been to one since we were girls."

I ask, "'We'?"

Eda stutters, "I- The- I mean -"

Luz pops back up from the ground asking, "Who's 'we'? You have a mysterious past! Now we gotta go!"

Eda says, "No."

Luz says, "Okay, then you leave me no choice."

King grabs the book, reading it aloud, "''You shall not shan't doeth no more harm,' Azura callethed out'."

He continues reading as Eda groans, "So flowery, so awful."

She walks away, opening the portal door and stepping through it. I tossed King into the portal door just before it shut, and it opens a second later, Eda coming back through with King sitting in her head.

She exclaims, "Stop it! Stop it! I will literally do anything to stop this!"

I grin, saying, "Even take us to the Covention?"

Eda groans, saying, "Fine. Anything but that flowery book."

We hop onto her staff, and she flies us to a huge building with a banner that says 'Covention today, achemists anonymous tomorrow'. Eda grunts as she struggles to pull her hood on, King hanging off of it.