chapter 6

CHACE

I swear imma kill that nigga! Soon as i left the house some random guy tried me with his shit so i shot at his ass i ain't gone let him talk to me no type of way, i ended up missing and his ass got away. I saw some police lights in the distance and decided to go the other way they ain't bout to question me bout shit!

NIECY

I was halfway sleep when my phone went off indicating it was TK, i answered looking at the time it was around 11 now.

"Niecy i need you....to....just get down to the hospital!" he said hanging up, i jumped out the bed scared for my life, he sounded hurt or crying one, maybe even both!

I ran downstairs forgetting i had to take the triplets with me. I huffed running back up the stairs sliding on their jackets, this was the only time i got the strength to carry all of they asses down these stairs! I put them in the backseat and let them buckle theirselves in.

The whole way i went through different scenarios of what could've happened, i wasn't even focused, all i could think was what if somebody died.

I pulled in front of the hospital and helped the triplets out of their seats before running in with them behind me, some security tried to tell me i couldn't park there but shit oh well.

I went into the lobby to see TK sitting there staring at the ceiling, i ran to him. "Baby what happened" i asked pulling his face to mine.

"My baby...she got shot" he mumbled looking at me, his eyes were bloodshot red. I felt my heart speed up.

"But which one? How?!" i started panicking, the triplets went and played in the toy area.

"Serenity i don't know man stray bullet or something she was crying and then she stopped...i just want my baby" he said laying back closing his eyes. I sighed rubbing his chest closing my eyes falling asleep.

2 HOURS LATER

I woke up to the doctor standing over us, i woke Tk up looking over at the triplets who were sleeping on one of the couches there.

"What happened" TK looked at me standing up, i grabbed his hand standing next to him. The doctor look from him to me.

"Well we did all we co-"

"No...fuck no i don't wanna hear that shit i need a straight answer no extra shit" Tk snapped at him, he took a deep breath.

"Your daughter died of complications from the bullet wound...we couldn't save her" I looked at Tk, his face was blank and it kind of scared me.

The doctor looked at me and nodded his head walking back through the doors. I looked back at Tk, he let go of my hand grabbing his phone off the seat and walking out i woke the twins going after him. I grab his shoulder making him stop.

"Where you going bae" i asked him looking into his eyes, they were filled with anger and sadness but his blank face said was the only thing he was showing.

"Im leaving i need to be alone right now" he said pushing ne away, i sighed watching him go to his car. I didn't wanna be shut out from his feelings, i could probably help him but then again I'd never experienced child loss. I saw his car take off down the road.

I helped the kids into their carseats and drove back home, it didn't feel right anymore, since the death of serenity the house felt cold, it sent chills down my body. I let them sleep in my bed this night i didn't really feel comfortable anymore.