Ghostly Roommates Part 2 [BFF]

2 Months Later

(Mainly M & T)

Tanner and Marie waved goodbye to their friends as they left for the night after a whole day of playing board games. "Cheer up, Tanner! I'm sure they'll come back soon!" Marie said, trying to lift Tanner's spirits.

"Marie, they JUST left; it's going to be a while before they return," Tanner reminded her, glancing back at his cards. She huffed in frustration. "Yea, yea..."

"Well, let's continue with our game. It'll help us pass the time," he said, a mischievous grin forming as he placed a plus 4 card down. "HEY, NO FAIR!" Marie protested.

Tanner's chuckles filled the room, and Marie's angry expression slowly morphed into laughter. Soon, the room echoed with their shared amusement as they continued their game of Uno.

The two of them played for a few hours before exploring other games Garcello and Annie had brought with them. They enjoyed their time while waiting for their friends to return for another hangout. However, their fun was interrupted by a sudden loud crash that shook the opera house's walls.

Marie and Tanner watched in horror as construction workers demolished parts of the entrance, causing sections of the ceiling to collapse. A bulldozer burst through the opposite side of the entrance, sending shivers down their spines.

"Tanner, we have to get out of here!" Marie shouted, scanning the area for a safe exit. "Marie, you know we can't leave! We're stuck here, remember?" Tanner yelled as a large piece of debris landed dangerously close to him, making him yelp.

Marie continued searching frantically until her eyes locked onto the now fully broken stage. A giant hole gaped in one corner. "Over there!" she yelled, grabbing Tanner's arm and pulling him toward the new escape route. With adrenaline pumping, they managed to exit the building just in time to witness the opera house's complete demolition.

They stood there, staring at the rubble, their only link to their past now reduced to ruins. "So... what now?" Tanner asked, peering cautiously from the alleyway, observing the workers and machinery clearing the debris.

Marie contemplated their options. Their friend Jewel had shared some knowledge about the current world, sparking curiosity in their adventurous spirits. Yet, they knew little about this world. Peering from the alleyway, the illuminated streets, colorful cars, bright signs, and a colossal billboard advertising a live show left them awestruck.

"Is this the new technology Jewel was talking about? It's incredible!" Marie thought aloud.

A bright glow interrupted their thoughts. They turned to find Annie and Garcello approaching them. "Marie! Tanner!" Annie called out, running toward them, with Garcello close behind. "Annie! Garcello!" Marie shouted back, floating toward their friends.

Once reunited in the alleyway, Annie bombarded the twins with questions, ensuring they were unharmed despite their spectral nature. Meanwhile, Garcello, catching his breath, leaned against the wall. Annie finally ceased her interrogation and patted Garcello's back as he struggled to breathe.

"Don't say I didn't warn you about smoke being bad for the lungs," Annie teased, her grin growing. "But then again, you've always been this slow since we were little. I'm not surprised you couldn't catch up, and I'm always the one dragging you around." She shrugged, reveling in his bewildered expression.

The twins chuckled, trying to stifle their laughter, while Annie continued laughing. Garcello retaliated with a light smack to the back of her head, which only intensified her laughter. He sighed, knowing that she was too absorbed in her mirth to notice his glares.