Chapter 16: Clown Breath

Georg pulls into a car park opposite a field, a huge one. There are so many bright lights and rides, ones that go meters into the sky. You can here are the people talking, yelling, singing, screaming, laughing. It sounds like pure human joy. Except for that kid who just smashed its' head into the concrete. I cringe as the blood swallows up the now paralyzed child.

We get out the car and head over to the road to cross but Bill stops and pulls out a map from his rucksack which he so nicely let everyone put there belongings in.

"Where did you get that?" I ask taking a couple steps back to look at it.

"less asking questions and more getting to the big tent. I don't want to be late" He smiles but furrows his eyebrows, looking intently at the huge piece of paper unfolded in his hands.

"Hurry up" Georg said crossing his arms, already on the other side.

I look left and right to cross but Bill just goes for it. I don't get how people can do that. Are you asking for a death wish? 

I speed walk across because running is embarrassing but crossing the road is one of my biggest fears. A weird fear, I'm aware. I guess my actually fear is getting hit by a car but crossing a road comes with it. Luckily it's a one-way street so it took like two seconds.  

Tom nicely waited for us, Megan, Georg and Gustav already gone ahead but he then said "Bill you're buying me popcorn"

Bill stopped and slowly lifted his head up "I'm sorry. I'm what?" his eyes piercing daggers into Tom.

"Bill, come on. If we don't keep moving then we'll be late" I say tugging the corner of the map.

No one said anything for a while, families where just happily walking by us. Kids dropping ice creams everywhere. Kids are so fucking clumsy, it's insane. 

"Hurry the fuck up, you losers!" we all look to see Megan waving us over from not too far away and then pointing at something in the air.

There is so much going on here, it takes me a couple seconds to locate where here finger is pointing. I then see a red flag flip in the wind, it's the top of a circus tent. 

I walk off, leaving the two statue buys behind because I love circus's. I think there are so much fun. When I was younger me and my old best friend said that we wanted to run away and join a circus and so all the flips and tricks. We would even make and practices fake routines then preform them for our daycare teacher (We were like 5 but then shortly after she moved away).

I grab Megan's hand and we joyfully prance over to the small tent where Georg and Gus are, getting our tickets and food. They hand us these paper bracelets to put on our wrist then ask us what we want. Megan and I decided to share some popcorn and get a slushy each. 

I have an extreme weakness. BLUE RASPBERRY SLUSHY'S. They are so good. Once I have one, I can't stop. Watch me walk out of this fun fair broke as hell.

The ladies behind the desk pass us are food so we pay for it as well as our tickets. Arguing starts to become louder and louder in my left ear. I tell Megan to hold my blue drink for a second then turn around too the twins yapping at each other.

"Oh for the life of two pricks. I'll pay for your popcorn!" I yell but it didn't sound too loud because of all the other noises in this place.

"Huh?" They say in unison.

"I said I'd pay for your pop corn. One for each of you. I don't want you guys to ruin the day" I roll my eyes but then take a sneaky look at this fully grown adult in a tutu and waving about a light up wand. 

I would say he could be special but I now realize he's doing it to amuse his kids. Who look about my age. Well... I'm not to sure then, but hey I'm not here to judge.