Chapter 1: Unpleasant Reunions

Amber stood by Tara's hospital bed with her arm resting on the head of the bed frame, as her girlfriend began to awaken after her surgery. The dark haired girl couldn't take her eyes off of her, as life slowly began to return to the girl in front of her. Tara was attacked last night by someone dressed as Ghostface, with the perpetrator still unknown to everyone. Well, except Amber and Richie.

Amber Freeman was 17 years old, a senior in high school, and was a short, 5 foot 5 inches (165cm) tall, pale skinned girl with raven black hair curly hair that she often straightened and had light-brown hazel eyes. She always put on blush, which gave her face a look of innocence, and preferred light pink nude lipstick. She had three ear piercings, she wore a silver piercing designed to resemble a safety pin on her ear lobe with two silver ring piercings just above on her upper lobes. She was wearing a dark blue button up denim jacket with the top button left undone, giving a full view of the necklace she always wore. It was a silver heart chain necklace with the silver heart resting just below the front of her neck that Tara, her girlfriend, had given her years ago. Amber loved wearing jewelry such as a chain bracelet on her right wrist that matched her necklace and rings she wore on nearly all her fingers. Her jacket was over top of a sleeveless summer dress that went from her shoulders to just above her knees, the same shade of blue as her jacket with small white patterns of shapes. Underneath her dress were black see through tights and she wore a pair of black Doc. Martens boots.

Tara Carpenter, also 17 years old, was the shorter of the two, only being 5 foot 1 inches tall (155cm), with dark brown hair and brown eyes. She's a light skinned hispanic girl but her skin looked much more noticeably tanned when next to her pale girlfriend. She had her hair in a ponytail with two strands of hair framing her face and she slept in a light blue short sleeve hospital gown that had a dark blue polka dot pattern. She had a nasal cannula that fit into her nose, helping her with her respiration, with thin clear tubing that looped around the back of her ears then came down the front of her body.

Wes, Mindy and Chad were in the hospital room too and everyone upon noticing Tara had awoken quieted down in expectation to see how she was doing.

Amber found herself lost in thought in the silence, thinking about what she had done to her girlfriend last night. During the attack Amber's mind was blank, thinking about nothing else but the mission Richie had for her. She didn't want to do it but if she hadn't Richie would have killed Tara. In fact, Amber didn't want to attack Tara that night, but she did; she had to do it. Why couldn't she have just come over for a night of binge drinking, movies and dinner her girlfriend invited her to?

Her thoughts got interrupted by Tara who was now sitting up in her bed and looking up at her. She seemed tired, which was to be expected. After all, Amber nearly killed her...

"Are you okay?" Tara asked, as Amber was now looking into her wide dark brown eyes. Tara could always tell when her girlfriend was bothered by something.

"I'm- I'm fine." Amber responded softly. "I should be the one asking you. How are you feeling?" A pause. "Your mother texted and said she's coming to visit in a bit."

Tara sighed. "It hurts if I move too much but I mostly just feel tired now." She said, wanting some alone time with her girlfriend but felt too guilty to ask for it now, knowing that everyone had come to visit her. Tara wasn't sure what was bothering Amber, but she knew it was something else than just seeing her hurt in the hospital like this.

⊱-------⊰

Tara's mother, Ms. Carpenter, had left about 5 minutes ago and the group of friends were already lost in conversation, something about what their ideas were for prom this year. Tara was holding Amber's left hand, drawing little circles on her palm and gently massaging her hand. Tara was able to keep conversation going while playing with her girlfriend's hand, while Amber's mind wandered off again, while enjoying the physical touch she had been missing.