Chapter 2: Drinks & Jealousy

After visiting Tara at the hospital, the group of friends decided to go out together to their favorite bar, called The Corner Pocket, for drinks and billiards. It was a sports bar, with darts, pool tables, air hockey tables and various other games, while another section was a pub with sit-down booths where you could order typical pub food and most importantly, it was one of the few bars in Woodsboro that were notorious for not checking IDs, making it a popular spot for underaged drinkers.

After the group of friends finished eating dinner at the pub section of The Corner Pocket bar, they played a few games of pool and were now in the middle of a 2 vs 2 game.

When playing games at a sports bar whosoever's team Amber was on always won. Mindy and Amber were playing against Chad and Liv in a game of pool and were absolutely crushing them, while Wes was standing beside the pool table distracted by something on his phone. Amber would even win with Tara on her team, despite her being absolutely terrible in most of these games (Amber might be competitive but always encouraged her and hyped up the most mediocre of her performances). Amber did have an advantage; she had all of these games at home; pool, darts, air hockey, foosball ect and a fully stocked bar, with a massive liquor cabinet surrounded by a marble countertop and bar stools. Amber didn't drink much, most alcoholic drinks tasted awful to her. However she knew how to mix drinks better than most bartenders because from a young age her parents had gotten her to prepare the drinks for any guests they had invited over.

But when Amber did drink she had a few drinks she did enjoy, with her favorite drinks were B-52 cocktail shots and a glass of Baileys Irish cream with whole milk, which she was slipping on now.

Tara wasn't much for drinking as well, she barely had consumed any alcoholic drinks before, but she learned how to make Amber's favorite drinks and thought the B-52 shots and some of the other cocktail shots looked pretty. When at the bar Amber usually got Tara a pop or Shirley Temple.

Suddenly Amber felt a vibration from her phone, and saw a text from Tara.

Tara: Hey baby how are you doing?:)  Did you end up going to The Corner Pocket with the gang?

As Amber began to type her response Mindy got a glimpse of her phone and saw that she was texting Tara.

"How did things go with Tara and her sister?" Mindy asked Amber.

"I don't know, I'm gonna ask her how it went." Amber said, not looking up from her phone as she finished typing her reply to Tara.

Amber: I'm doing okay and yepp but I wish you were here with us :/. How did things go with Sam?

"So what's Tara's sister like?" Liv suddenly asked the group. Liv and Chad have only been dating for a few months and she didn't know Tara had a sister before today.

"Sam's cool!" Chad said with a smile then appearing on his face as the memories of when Sam used to babysat him flooded his mind. He was a very mischievous child back in the day.

"You're just saying that because she let you wear Pokemon onesies to bed for a year." Mindy said, teasing Chad.

"Sam is not 'cool'," Amber began in a serious tone, which quickly changed the mood of the previous light-hearted conversation. "Tara's father left when Sam was 13 and Tara was just 8. Tara needed someone to lean on, she needed someone to help her get through it, but instead Sam goes nuts. Started drinking, doing drugs, getting arrested and sleeping with half of the guys in town."

Mindy's face became serious as she was listening. Mindy was protective of Tara, like Amber, although not to the same extent. Mindy was babysat by Sam before, and even had some good memories, but Amber was right, Sam was a stranger to them, and literally just came back into Tara's life having been estranged for five years.